Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/04/2013 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of MediPoint: Diagnostic Cardiac Biomarkers for Acute Coronary Syndromes - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts market report to its offering
MediPoint: Diagnostic Cardiac Biomarkers for Acute Coronary Syndromes - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Acute coronary syndrome (ACS) consists of two major diseases: myocardial infarction (MI) and unstable angina, with the former being one of the major killers in the mature markets. Though the incidence of ACS is either in decline or steady across the US and European countries, millions of ACS and suspected ACS patients still visit emergency rooms every year with symptoms such as chest pain, and these patients are typically assessed with in vitro diagnostic cardiac biomarker tests. The ACS diagnostic cardiac biomarker reagents market is dominated by the cardiac troponins, the gold-standard biomarkers for the diagnosis of MI. In the US and Europe, the troponin market has reached saturation, therefore growth for these tests will be driven by increased uptake in the emerging markets of Brazil, China, and India. Uptake of two pipeline biomarker tests, Thermo Scientifics copeptin, and heart-type fatty acid binding protein (H-FABP), will arrest the decline in the mature markets, and will drive the growth of the overall market. Though premium-priced point-of-care (POC) tests will be increasingly adopted as POC troponin tests become more sensitive, the overall market will remain dominated by laboratory-based tests at the end of the study period.
Key Questions Answered
- The number of cases of ACS are in decline or steady in the mature markets of the US and 5EU. However, the number of cases in the emerging markets is increasing. (Q). What impact is this likely to have on the ACS diagnostic cardiac biomarker testing reagents markets in these countries? (Q). What are the true drivers for volumes of these tests?(Q). How do the major markets differ in their diagnostic testing protocols?
- The cardiac troponins are the most utilized cardiac biomarker tests for ACS, and manufacturers are continuing to develop improved sensitivity assays. (Q). What is the uptake of other biomarker tests, such as creatine kinase-MB (CK-MB) and myoglobin, across the major markets? (Q). How will troponin, CK-MB, and myoglobin tests fare once the pipeline biomarkers copeptin and H-FABP gain uptake? (Q). What are the opinions of interviewed experts regarding the next-generation of high-sensitivity troponin assays?
- POC testing is a small component of the overall ACS in vitro diagnostic market. However, manufacturers are continuing to develop more sensitive POC troponin tests. (Q). What are the opinions of interviewed experts regarding POC testing? (Q). What do they perceive as the advantages of this approach? (Q). What are the growth opportunities for POC testing in this market?
- The ACS diagnostic cardiac biomarkers market is served by several major players. Many of these manufacturers develop both laboratory and POC testing platforms and reagents. (Q). Who are the current and future players in this market?(Q). What determines the choice of brand for a laboratory? (Q). What are the key attributes key opinion leaders are looking for?
- The ACS Diagnostic Cardiac Biomarker market is dominated by cardiac troponin laboratory testing, however, opportunities still remain for manufacturers of both novel pipeline biomarkers and POC tests
- The number of cases of ACS are increasing in the emerging markets of Brazil, China, and India. The publisher expects these markets to grow due to increasing uptake of troponin and emerging biomarker testing
- New market entrants will increase competitiveness in the areas of test reliability and specificity and will provide clinicians with more options for the early diagnosis of ACS
- Overview of ACS and ACS diagnostic cardiac biomarker testing, including epidemiology, etiology, diagnosis, pathology, treatment guidelines, and evolving regulatory structures
- Annualized ACS in vitro diagnostic testing reagents market revenue, annual cost of ACS cardiac biomarker testing and testing volume data from 2009-2012 and forecast for six years to 2018
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement considerations, and implications for the ACS diagnostic cardiac biomarker testing market
- Pipeline analysis: Emerging ACS cardiac biomarker tests, both diagnostic tests and risk predication tests, emerging biomarkers, and in depth key opinion leader insight
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global ACS diagnostic cardiac biomarker testing reagents market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications
Reasons to buy
- What Physicians Think quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
Mitsubishi Chemical Medience Corporation
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit