Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/03/2014 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of MediPoint: Electrophysiology - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts market report to its offering
MediPoint: Electrophysiology - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Still in its infancy, the electrophysiology (EP) device market has seen significant adoption and market growth as more physicians become experienced in diagnostic and ablation techniques, increasing numbers of hospitals purchase supportive equipment, device prices fall, and efficacy improves. This continued growth is also driven by technological advancements, including the emergence of next-generation ablation technologies, improvements in catheter diagnostics, and advancements in lab systems. Further, as imaging modalities improve, patients are exposed to less radiation than ever before, which will only further drive diagnostics. Still years behind the US, growth in emerging markets is also expected to drive sales, as developing countries look to implement new EP programs and hospitals adopt ablation techniques. Increases in the prevalence of arrhythmia, combined with improved diagnostics and patient awareness, are expected to support industry expansion. Lastly, published studies, clinical evidence and patient awareness will all contribute positively to EP market growth, and will provide further evidence of the effectiveness of catheter ablation.
The EP market is dominated by several key players, including Biosense Webster, St. Jude Medical, Boston Scientific, Medtronic and Biotronik, with the biggest markets in the US and EU. With improvements in reimbursement worldwide, as well as advancements of global distribution channels, devices are being sold in more hospitals than ever, and this is only expected to increase. With only a few key players in the market currently, competition remains high, as industry leaders fight for valuable market share.
The publisher has released its medical device report, Electrophysiology Global Analysis and Market Forecasts. The report offers a comprehensive analysis of the global EP market, including development and sales of ablation catheters, diagnostic catheters and lab systems in the US, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, France, China, India, Japan and Brazil. Included within is an examination of the drivers, opportunities and barriers impacting growth of the EP market worldwide, with an in-depth breakdown of the EP market seven-year global forecast. The report identifies and evaluates key trends and unmet needs shaping the global EP market through 2020, highlighting testimonials from top physicians around the world who are utilizing these devices. Future sales expectations are discussed through careful analysis of EP use adoption patterns in the ten major markets. The report provides insight into the competitive EP landscape, including new companies approaching commercialization and pipeline products in development. It quantifies the potential of rising use of advanced ablation and diagnostic catheters, as well as examines the impact of next-generation mapping and navigation technology on patient outcomes. Included in the report is investigation of the highest growth sectors for EP, with a focus on next-generation technologies due to enter the market, including laser energy and three-dimensional mapping technology. This report was built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by team of cardiovascular medical device experts.
Key Questions Answered
- Improvements in EP device technology are evident in improved patient outcomes. (Q). How have clinical trials touting patient benefits shaped the EP device landscape? (Q). How will they affect adoption?
- Cardiac ablation is increasingly used as a first-line therapy in lieu of AADs. (Q). What is to be expected in terms of regulation and reimbursement around the use of ablation over AADs? (Q). How will AADs be used as adjunctive therapy in the future?
- Technological advancements have enabled next-generation therapy, including irrigated catheters and alternative energy ablation tools. (Q). What technologies will be most popular in the coming years? (Q). What products are positioned to see significant adoption?
- The EP devices market in the developing countries of the Asia-Pacific region as well as South America is expected to experience higher rates of growth compared with the US and EU. (Q). Which countries will have the highest annual growth rate in the EP diagnostic catheter, ablation catheter and lab systems markets?
- As more hospitals look to implement EP operations, lab systems sales are on the rise as a result. (Q). How many hospitals are there in each country, and how many are looking to implement EP? How is this changing during the forecast period?
What Do Physicians Think? quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. This information is essential for all strategic decision-makers in every organization, allowing them to act on high-quality information.
- An overview of arrhythmia, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines worldwide
- Annualized global EP device market revenue, future forecasts and procedure patterns data from 2005 and forecast to 2020, including use of standard and advanced diagnostic and ablation catheters, as well as lab systems
- Investigation of current and future market competition for EP devices
- Coverage of ten major markets, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Japan, China, India and Brazil
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges, as well as predicted impact of future key events
- Competitive assessment with device approval analysis and sales forecasts
- Marketed and pipeline product profiles covering efficacy, safety, clinical study details, regulatory approvals, and forecast device sales
- Analysis of unmet needs within the market and opportunities for future players
- Evaluation of technology trends to assess pipeline product strength
- Overview of all devices in development, including clinical study details, design considerations, efficacy reports, and device approval timelines
- Coverage of key market players with portfolio assessment and SWOT analysis
- Strategic assessment of the device sector through market impact, future market scenario and company analysis
- Direct quotes from Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) currently using EP devices
Reasons to buy
- Understand the trends shaping and driving the ablation catheter, diagnostic catheter and lab system markets_x000D_
- Realize device preferences of physicians who have performed hundreds of catheter diagnostic and ablation procedures already_x000D_
- Access market sizing, forecasts and quantified growth opportunities in the global EP market through 2020_x000D_
- Quantify candidate patient populations worldwide to better design product pricing and launch plans_x000D_
- Drive revenues, formulate effective sales and marketing strategies, and gain in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape_x000D_
- Perform benchmarking analysis of growth opportunities against currently marketed products_x000D_
- Assess competitiveness of products in market by understanding the strengths and weaknesses of current competition_x000D_
- Take a comprehensive look at the markets device pipeline and identify promising, paradigm-shifting products_x000D_
- Create an effective counter-strategy to gain a competitive advantage against those currently in the market_x000D_
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for growth_x000D_
- Whats the next big thing in the global EP market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize
MicroPort Scientific Company
St. Jude Medical
Stryker Sustainability Solutions
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit