Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/04/2013 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of MediPoint: In-Vitro Colorectal Cancer Screening Tests - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts market report to its offering
MediPoint: In-Vitro Colorectal Cancer Screening Tests - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Colorectal cancer (CRC) is the third most commonly diagnosed cancer, and the second most common cause of mortality amongst cancer patients. Prognosis is directly related to early diagnosis, with survival rates dramatically improved by early diagnosis and treatment. Thanks to the introduction of CRC screening programs, mortality in the developed countries is falling; however incidence continues to rise as a result of diet and increasingly sedentary lifestyles. While historically, colorectal cancer incidence in the developing world is low, in recent years, disease diagnosis rates have dramatically increased, as a result of changing lifestyles, awareness and improved access to medical services. CRC screening can improve survival rates, and reduce the overall cost of patient treatment.
Key Questions Answered
- Colorectal cancer can be caused by somatic mutations as well as inherited mutations. These mutations lead to changes in the colon, that can be detected by detection of bleeding. But many of these mutations can be also be detected by genetic and other tests. (Q).How quickly will new gene tests be adopted by the CRC screening market??
- (Q).What are the key differences in CRC screening carried out in different countries, and how will these differences affect adoption of new screening tests?
- Existing CRC screening is based on inexpensive, but inaccurate stool analysis tests, or expensive but accurate endoscopies. The first DNA screening tests are expected to come to market in 2014, from Exact Sciences and EpiGenomics. (Q).Which new DNA-based screening test will win out ?
- In-vitro CRC screening is a fast evolving technological area. (Q).How will change in technology affect sales of existing CRC screening tests?(Q). Who are the new players in CRC screening? (Q).How will patient attitudes affect the In-vitro CRC screening test market?
- Overview of CRC and CRC screening tests, including epidemiology, etiology, diagnosis, pathology, treatment guidelines, screening test technologies and evolving regulatory structures
- Annualized in-vitro CRC screening test market revenue, annual cost of IVD CRC screening and CRC screening volume data from 2009-2019 and forecast for eight years to 2019
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement considerations, and implications for the CRC screening test market
- Pipeline analysis: Emerging CRC screening tests, emerging platform technologies
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global CRC screening test market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global colorectal cancer screening test market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global colorectal cancer screening test market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track test sales in the global colorectal cancer screening test market from 2009-2019.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Fujirebio (Miraca Holdings)
MDx Health (was OncoMethylome)
Oncocyte (Bio Time)
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit