Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/03/2014 -- A power tool is a key instrument in the armamentarium of the operating room for many orthopedic surgeries. The adoption rates for orthopedic power tools vary in different regions, mainly due to price sensitivity. Globally, and driven by the orthopedic industry's continued innovation in cordless battery-powered systems as well as a better understanding of corded systems' downsides, the usage of pneumatic-powered tools has been declining in the past decade as surgeons adopt premium-priced electric and, more significantly, battery-powered systems. In contrast, in developing countries, electric- and pneumatic-powered tools currently represent highly valued equipment for orthopedic surgeons; moreover, this equipment should continue to remain important, especially in light of the developing countries' healthcare systems that cannot bear the substantial costs associated with capital equipment upgrades. Yet, a slow shift to battery-powered systems will still occur in these emerging economies, as players introduce the new-generation systems into these countries in the coming years and invest heavily in marketing and promotion.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The US is the largest market for orthopedic power tools in terms of both sales units and market revenue. There are multiple drivers that contribute to the current state of the US power tools market. The primary factor for growth in the sales units has been the rise in orthopedic and spinal procedures in the past few years. However, the lingering economic concerns in the US have significantly impacted hospital budgets and have resulted in delayed capital equipment purchases and an increased usage of reprocessed consumables, diminishing the growth in sales units to some extent.
- An overview of Orthopedic Power Tools, which includes epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized the US Orthopedic Power Tools market revenue and future forecasts from 2011 to 2013, forecast for 7 years to 2020.
- Investigation of current and future market competition for Orthopedic Power Tools.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges as well as predicted impact of key events.
- Competitor assessment including device approval analysis and device sales forecasts.
- Marketed and pipeline product profiles covering efficiency, safety, clinical study details, device approvals, product positioning and device sales forecast.
- Analysis of unmet needs within the market and opportunities for future players.
- Technology trends evaluation to assess strength of pipeline.
- An overview of all devices in development including clinical study details, design and material selection considerations, efficacy reports, and device approval timelines.
- Company profiles including business description, financial overview and SWOT analysis.
- Coverage of key market players.
- Strategic assessment of the Orthopedic Power Tools sector through market impact analysis, future market scenario and company analysis.
- Direct quotes from Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) as well as doctors
Reasons to Get This Report
- Understand the trends shaping and driving the Orthopedic Power Tools market.
- Realize device preferences of physicians who have performed the tests already.
- Access market sizing, forecasts and quantified growth opportunities in the US Orthopedic Power Tools market through 2018.
- Quantify candidate patient populations to better design product pricing & launch plans.
- Drive revenues, formulate effective sales and marketing strategies and gain in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Perform benchmarking analysis of growth opportunities against currently marketed products.
- Assess competitiveness of products in market by understanding the strengths and weaknesses of current competition.
- Take a comprehensive look at the market's device pipeline and identify promising, paradigm-shifting products.
- Create an effective counter-strategy to gain a competitive advantage against those currently in the market.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for growth.
- What's the next big thing in the US Orthopedic Power Tools market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Aesculap, Arthrex, Brasseler USA (Tava Surgical in Outside US markets), ConMed Corporation, DePuy Synthes, De Soutter Medical, MicroAire, Misonix, Medtronic, OsteoMed, Stryker, Zimmer Holdings
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Medical Devices research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- MediPoint: Orthopedic Power Tools - EU Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Orthopedic Power Tools - APAC Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Orthopedic Power Tools - South America Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Orthopedic Power Tools - Current and Future Players
- MediPoint: Total Hip Replacement - APAC Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Hip Replacement - US Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Hip Replacement - EU Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Hip Replacement - South American Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Hip Replacement - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
- North America Orthopedic Tools Market Outlook to 2020