Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/04/2013 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of MediPoint: Peripheral Vascular Stents - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts market report to its offering
MediPoint: Peripheral Vascular Stents - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Endovascular therapies such as stenting have been widely adopted to treat peripheral artery disease in the lower extremity. Peripheral vascular stents including bare metal, drug-eluting, covered and bioabsorbable stents are associated with improved clinical outcomes compared to balloon angioplasty alone.
The global peripheral vascular stent (PVS) market is steadily growing in the 10 countries covered in the report, including the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, China and India.
Through analysis, it is evident that currently the peripheral vascular stent market for the lower extremity is saturated with bare metal stents, followed by covered stents. However, as clinical data and appropriate reimbursement and costs are established, adoption of innovative stent technologies such as drug-eluting stents and bioabsorbable stents will increase in the future.
By the end of the forecast period, the competitive landscape will experience significant change due to the launch of bioabsorbable stents in the market, the expansion of approved indications to include infrapopliteal artery lesions and the entry of new companies such as 480 Biomedical.
Key Questions Answered
- (Q).What is the current perception and adoption of vascular stents for treating indications, including the iliac, femoropopliteal and infrapopliteal arteries in the lower extremity?
- Bare metal and covered stents have been on the market for many years; however, unmet needs still exist with respect to patency and restenosis and treating challenging lesions in the femoropopliteal and infrapopliteal arteries. (Q).How will drug-eluting and bioabsorbable stents fulfil the unmet needs of the peripheral stent market for the lower extremity?
- (Q).What is the current perception and adoption of innovative stent platforms such as drug-eluting and bioabsorbable stents in the major markets? (Q).How will adoption of these stent technologies affect adoption of bare metal and covered stents?
- A majority of pipeline products are drug-eluting bioabsorbable stents. (Q).As more bioabsorbable stents receive approval, how will new entrants impact the peripheral vascular stent market for the lower extremity?
- The global PVS market for the lower extremity is forecast to steadily increase in the future. (Q).What are the key factors and opportunities that will drive the market in terms of future adoption rates leading to a mature market?
What Physicians Think quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
- Overview of peripheral artery disease, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized PVS market revenue by type of stent and indication in the lower extremity, annual cost of disease and vascular stent adoption pattern data from 2010-2012 and forecast for seven years to 2019.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement considerations, and implications for the PVS market for the lower extremity.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different stages of development, emerging trends and mechanisms of implantation under development, including investigation of repositionability, device size, expansion mechanism, valve conformance, durability and material selection.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global peripheral vascular market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- Peripheral stenting will continue to increase in the future given the rising prevalence of peripheral artery disease in the lower extremity and improved clinical outcomes compared to balloon angioplasty alone.
- The PVS market is currently dominated by bare metal stents, specifically self-expanding nitinol stents. As innovative stent technologies such as drug-eluting and bioabsorbable stents enter the market, adoption of these stents will increase in the future, taking market share away from bare metal and covered stents.
- Bioabsorbable stent technology is novel and exciting. However, interventionists have a cautious attitude towards its adoption in clinical practice.
- Widespread adoption of new stent technologies such as bioabsorbable stents is expected to be slow due to the lack of long-term clinical data, lack of reimbursement and high selling prices.
- New market entrants will increase competitiveness in the areas of stent deliverability, cost, durability, and safety.
Arterial Remodeling Technologies
Atrium Medical Corporation
Bard Peripheral Vascular (C.R. Bard)
Boston Scientific Corporation
Cordis Corporation (Johnson & Johnson)
Cytograft Tissue Engineering
Flexible Stenting Solutions
Kyoto Medical Planning
W.L. Gore & Associates
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit