Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/04/2013 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of MediPoint: Total Ankle Replacement - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts market report to its offering
MediPoint: Total Ankle Replacement - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Ankle arthritis is a severe and debilitating problem with notable increasing prevalence in both the developed and developing world. In a society constantly seeking out a modern lifestyle, sports-related injuries, trauma, aging, and obesity are contributing to an increased incidence of ankle arthritis. Total ankle replacement (TAR) enables implantation of prosthesis within the diseased native ankle joint to help patients maintain their ankles range of motion. Promising results of newer generation prostheses revived interest in TAR and fueled further innovations in the prosthetic design. After decades of trial and error, TAR is now becoming a promising option for late-stage ankle arthritis patients as an alternative to ankle fusion, which has historically been presumed to be the gold-standard procedure. This report focuses on the TAR markets in the US, the EU5, Japan, Brazil, China and India. This report identifies unmet needs in the market, surgeon attitudes towards current TAR prostheses, and the future of TAR in the face of rapid technological advancement.
Key Questions Answered
- Ankle arthritis incidence is expected to increase during the forecast period. (Q).What is the cost of ankle arthritis? (Q).How will changing demographics and lifestyles affect the incidence of ankle arthritis?
- Long-term results following successful early ankle fusion have brought to light somewhat disappointing long-term satisfaction rates. (Q).What shifts are happening in surgeon attitudes towards ankle fusion in the treatment of late-stage ankle arthritis?
- TAR is becoming an increasingly popular alternative to ankle fusion lately, as professional and commercial interest intensifies and long-term effectiveness becomes available. (Q).What is the current perception and adoption of this technique in the major markets?
- By far only one three-component mobile-bearing TAR implant has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to be used in the US. (Q).Is it still in debate within the foot and ankle community whether mobile-bearing TAR implants generate better clinical outcomes than fixed-bearing ones?
- Today approximately 1015 TAR prostheses are in use throughout the world. Current prosthesis design features a better appreciation of ankle anatomy and an attempt to minimize bone resection. (Q).Which features of TAR devices are most desirable by surgeons? (Q).What are the unmet needs? (Q).How can device manufacturers differentiate themselves from the competition?
Reasons to buy
- What Physicians Think quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. In this report you will understand the perceptions of leading Orthopedic Surgeons and Podiatrists from around the world. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
Small Bone Innovation, Inc.
Wright Medical Group, Inc.
Zimmer Holdings, Inc.
KYOCERA Medical Corporation
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit