New Medical Devices market report from GlobalData: "MediPoint: Total Ankle Replacement - US Analysis and Market Forecasts"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/11/2013 -- MediPoint: Total Ankle Replacement - US Analysis and Market Forecasts
Ankle arthritis is a severe and debilitating problem with notable increasing prevalence in both the developed and developing world. In a society constantly seeking out a modern lifestyle, sports-related injuries, trauma, aging, and obesity are contributing to an increased incidence of ankle arthritis. Total ankle replacement (TAR) enables implantation of prosthesis within the diseased native ankle joint to help patients maintain their ankles' range of motion. Promising results of newer generation prostheses revived interest in TAR and fueled further innovations in the prosthetic design. After decades of trial and error, TAR is now becoming a promising option for late-stage ankle arthritis patients as an alternative to ankle fusion, which has historically been presumed to be the gold-standard procedure. This report focuses on the TAR markets in the US. This report identifies unmet needs in the market, surgeon attitudes towards current TAR prostheses, and the future of TAR in the face of rapid technological advancement.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Early experience with TAR in the US was met with unacceptable failure and complication rates in the 1980s, such that the procedure was largely abandoned. In the past decade, newer generations of TAR prostheses with a more anatomical replication of the ankle joint demonstrated some encouraging early and medium-term clinical results. Meanwhile, long-term results following successful early ankle fusion have brought to light somewhat disappointing long-term satisfaction rates. TAR is becoming an increasingly popular alternative to ankle fusion lately, as professional and commercial interest intensifies and long-term effectiveness becomes available.
- An overview of Ankle arthritis, which includes epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized US TAR market revenue and future forecasts from 2009 to 2011, forecast for 7 years to 2018.
- Investigation of current and future market competition for TAR
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges as well as predicted impact of key events.
- Competitor assessment including device approval analysis and device sales forecasts.
- Marketed and pipeline product profiles covering efficiency, safety, clinical study details, device approvals, product positioning and device sales forecast.
- Analysis of unmet needs within the market and opportunities for future players.
- Technology trends evaluation to assess strength of pipeline.
- An overview of all devices in development including clinical study details, design and material selection considerations, efficacy reports, and device approval timelines.
- Company profiles including business description, financial overview and SWOT analysis.
- Coverage of key market players.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Small Bone Innovation, Inc., DePuy Synthes, Tornier, Wright Medical Group, Inc., Zimmer Holdings, Inc.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Medical Devices research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- MediPoint: Total Ankle Replacement - APAC Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Ankle Replacement - EU Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Ankle Replacement - South America Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Cervical Total Disc Replacement - European Union Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Cervical Total Disc Replacement - Asia-Pacific Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Cervical Total Disc Replacement - South American Analysis and Market Forecasts
- Extremities (Shoulder and Small Joint Implants) - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- MediPoint: Total Wrist Reconstruction - EU Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Wrist Reconstruction - APAC Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Wrist Reconstruction - South America Analysis and Market Forecasts