Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/04/2013 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of MediPoint: Total Hip Replacement - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts market report to its offering
MediPoint: Total Hip Replacement - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Osteoarthritis has become a global public health concern with no cure. It is the most common form of arthritis that is primarily due to wear and tear of the joints. With the aging global population, this is an indication that is growing rapidly with the hip being one of the most common joints afflicted. While the primary indication for total hip replacement (THR) is osteoporosis, the other major indications for THR are osteonecrosis and fractures to a lesser degree. As people live longer and with younger patients also receiving implants, the revision rates for primary hip replacements are also expected to rise. Primary hip replacement has become one of the most successful surgeries, with a variety of femoral and acetabular components available from a wide selection of manufacturers. This report focuses on the total primary hip replacement market along with primary revision market. The global hip replacement market has been estimated in this report which includes the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, China and India. The report provides unmet needs, future adoption and compounded annual growth rates (CAGR).
analysis shows that the hip replacement market has become a mature market where products have become commodities. The future of the market lays on the ability of manufacturers to provide implants at a very low cost while continuing to provide the same level of clinical efficacy. The product development need lies primarily in revising the resurfacing products articulating surface with new materials rather than developing new acetabular and femoral components. Additionally the major opportunity lies within the emerging markets which are the countries that have a higher CAGR and will provide the key for growth and grabbing market share.
Key Questions Answered
- Osteoarthritis prevalence is expected to increase during the forecast period.(Q). What is the cost of osteoarthritis? (Q). How will changing demographics and lifestyles affect the incidence of hip osteoarthritis?
- THR has become one of the most accepted and successful surgeries performed. There was as a result an explosion of growth in the early years in the number of procedures and it now has become a more mature market. (Q).Will the market continue to grow and what are the drivers? (Q).Have the indications changed and are procedural numbers growing proportionately to market size?
- Resurfacing was a technology that started to replace primary THR though was quickly stopped due to metal on metal problems. (Q).What are the future trends and are there new technologies emerging in the major markets? (Q). If THR is to remain the primary mode of treating osteoarthritis, what are the types of products used and what are the market opportunities?
- There are Asian manufacturers entering the US market looking to grab market share in the US and EU. (Q).What is the scope for more hip innovation and/ or low cost manufacturers to steal market share from the large players?
- Today there is a constant new release of pipeline product in the THR space. Current prosthesis design has exceeded expectations and performed well. (Q). What are the next developments and set of unmet needs that need to be addressed? (Q).Which countries expect to see the most adoption and what are the hurdles? (Q).How can device manufacturers differentiate themselves from the competition?
- Overview of symptomatic hip osteoarthritis, including epidemiology, diagnosis, pathology, conservative treatment techniques and surgical interventions.
- Annualized Total Hip Replacement and Revision market revenue, annual cost of the device, and procedure volume data from 2010-2012 and forecast for seven years to 2019.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement considerations, and implications for the hip replacement and replacement market.
- Pipeline analysis: Coverage of total hip replacements that are currently under research and development or under investigation.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global total hip replacement and revision market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications
Reasons to buy
- What Physicians Think quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. In this report you will understand the perceptions of leading Orthopedic Hip Surgeons from around the world. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
Corentec Co. Ltd.
DePuy Synthes International
Iconacy Orthopedic Implants LLC
Peter Brehm GMBH
Serf Dedienne Sant
Smith & Nephew
Tianjin Zhengtian Medical Instrument Co., Ltd.
United Orthopedic Corporation
Zimmer Holdings Inc.
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)