Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/04/2013 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of MediPoint: Total Shoulder Replacement - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts market report to its offering
MediPoint: Total Shoulder Replacement - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Compared with the more mature reconstruction markets, such as hip and knee replacements, shoulder reconstruction is developing as a specialty. Current market growth in shoulder reconstruction is mainly driven by total shoulder replacement (TSR), which comprises anatomic total and reverse total shoulder replacements. Although sluggish economic growth has hindered the large-joint replacement market in the United States and Europe, the global TSR market has seen a promising growth rate in the past few years. This healthy growth can be attributed to an increasing patient population, an improved surgeon adoption of reverse shoulder implants, as well as evolving insurance and reimbursement landscape. This report focuses on TSR market in 10 countries: the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Brazil, China and India. The publisher evaluated currently marketed TSR prostheses, identified the unmet needs in the market, and provided an understanding of surgeon perception of the latest advances within the shoulder community. Over the forecast period, despite the dampening effect of downward pricing pressure, the TSR market is expected to enjoy healthy growth, primarily driven by the trend of active aging, continuous medical education efforts from the supply side, the introduction of additional reverse shoulder implants and the FDAs approval of modern stemless designs. In particular, the market size of reverse TSR is expected to grow at a much faster pace compared with anatomic TSR.
Key Questions Answered
- Shoulder arthritis and proximal humerus fracture incidences are expected to increase during the forecast period. (Q).How will changing demographics and lifestyles affect the incidence of shoulder diseases?
- Total shoulder replacement has been gaining extensive interest among both surgeons and medtech manufacturers. While the technology has developed greatly, there is still much room for technological advancement. (Q).Which features of TSR devices are most desirable by surgeons? What are the unmet needs? How can device manufacturers differentiate themselves from the competition?
- Reverse total shoulder replacement is receiving a great deal of attention in the US since it is the countrys newest shoulder implant, despite the fact that it has been implanted in Europe for more than 20 years. (Q).What are surgeons attitudes about the wave of enthusiasm towards reverse shoulder implants? What is their perception of currently marketed reverse shoulder implants?
- As the number of TSR procedures has increased exponentially over the last 10 years, The publisher expects a more prominent role for revision surgeries in the future. (Q).What efforts do surgeons expect from the supply side on refining instrumentations and delivering revision-specific systems?
- At this point, the global TSR market comprises a range of companies, but is dominated by a couple of major orthopedic devices companies. Who are the current and future players in this market? (Q).How will they leverage their platform technologies to compete against each other in the next five years?
- Overview of shoulder diseases, including epidemiology, etiology, diagnosis, pathology, treatment guidelines and economic impact.
- Competitive Assessment: Currently marketed TSR devices and evolving competitive landscape
- Pipeline analysis: Emerging TSR devices and design rationales
- Other Key topics covered include identification of unmet needs, procedural trends, market access, reimbursement considerations, and implications for the TSR market
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global TSR market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications
- Annualized TSR procedure volume and market revenue by type of TSR implants (anatomic and reverse) from 2010-2012 and forecast to 2019
Reasons to buy
- What Do Physicians Think quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
Smith & Nephew
Lima Corporate S.p.a.
Mathys Ltd Bettlach
Wright Medical Group
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit