Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/04/2013 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of MediPoint: Total Wrist Reconstruction - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts market report to its offering
MediPoint: Total Wrist Reconstruction - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Wrist arthritis is a serious issue that affects a significant number of people and making it difficult to engage in many day to day activities. While it is most prevalent in the developed nations, it is a growing concern in the emerging markets as well. The primary indications that have caused wrist arthritis are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and post-traumatic arthritis. More recently with the aging population, and high quality biologic medications available for rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and post-traumatic arthritis are the primary indications that get severe enough to be considered for surgical intervention.
There is also an expected increase in the incidence of wrist arthritis due to the rising aging population numbers. Total wrist fusion (TWF) and total wrist replacement (TWR) are two surgical procedures that are considered in patients with severe wrist arthritis. While TWR is a motion preserving procedure, TWF has been seen as the gold standard especially in younger patients due to the high revision and failure rate in TWR. Patient demand and desire to retain motion in their joints will drive innovation and the numerous unmet needs expressed by physicians. This report focuses on the TWR and TWF markets in the US, the EU5, Japan, Brazil, China and India. This report identifies unmet needs in the market, surgeon attitudes towards current TWR and TWF prostheses, and the future of the market in the midst of a rapidly growing small bone joint replacement segment.
Key Questions Answered
- Wrist arthritis prevalence is expected to increase during the forecast period. (Q).What is the cost of wrist arthritis? (Q).How will changing demographics and lifestyles affect the incidence of wrist arthritis?
- Lack of long-term results and studies have hampered adoption of TWR implants and TWF is still used frequently. (Q).What will require shifts in surgeon attitudes towards wrist replacement in the treatment of late-stage wrist arthritis?
- TWR is still slowly becoming more popular as an alternative to wrist fusion, as companies promote their products and patients demand technology that allows them to retain joint motion. (Q).What is the current perception and adoption of this technique in the major markets?
- There is a limited pipeline and one product slated for release in the US in 2014 already marketed in the EU with additional plate products expected in 2013. (Q).What is the scope for more wrist innovation and what are surgeons looking for in their products? (Q).What is the debate on fusion versus replacement?
- Today approximately 3-5 TWR and 2-3 TWF prostheses have most market share throughout the world. Current prosthesis design less bone resection and are used for preserving joint motion. (Q).Which countries expect to see the most adoption and what are the hurdles? (Q).What are the unmet needs? (Q).How can device manufacturers differentiate themselves from the competition?
Reasons to buy
- What Physicians Think quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. In this report you will understand the perceptions of leading Orthopedic Hand Surgeons from around the world. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
Small Bone Innovation Inc.
Depuy Synthes International
Integra LifeSciences Inc.
Swemac Orthopaedics AB
Zimmer Holdings Inc.
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit