Military Divorce Guide with Children, How to Get Free Consultation with Local Lawyers


Delta, PA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/22/2013 -- Fortunately, is aware of these elements, and is happy to share this military divorce guide, including:

- Military Divorce Attorneys
- Service Members Civil Release Act
- Military Divorce with Children Involved

Service Members’ Divorce Lawyers

For the record, there are no such beings as military divorce lawyers. There is a Judge Advocate General who must provide legal guidance, but he does not have to dispense a great deal of it. That’s why there is a legal pool filled with persons who can offer advice, help prepare documents, and answer questions. A military member going through a divorce must find a civilian attorney who is familiar with the special accommodations that accompany military divorce.

Need Help for Military Divorce with Children? Apply Today to Get Free Consultation with Local Lawyers

USFSPA Provisions

The Uniformed Service Former Spouse Protection Act (USFSPA) is one of the differences between a military divorce and a non-military one. This Act makes it possible for former spouses of soldiers and other Armed Forces members to receive a portion of a retired military individual’s pension. Often, when this Act is discussed, it leads to coverage of what happens when there’s a divorce in the military with children involved. That topic will be addressed a little later on.


The Service members Civil Relief Act (SCRA) allows an active duty military member to basically ignore a divorce petition until his tour is over. This Act is an important part of any military divorce guide. For the whole length of his active duty and up to 60 days after it ends, a soldier or sailor does not have to acknowledge the divorce request. This Act was put into effect so that active duty personnel could direct all of their attention to protecting the country, not dealing with personal issues.

Military Divorce when Kids are Affected

All of the branches of the military have rules which require that members supply “adequate support” to their family members. When it comes to divorce in the military with children involved, once the judge orders a service member to pay child support, he must do it, and it can often be sent to the custodial parent directly from the Department of Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS). DFAS will garnish the proper amount from a military member’s pay and send it to the former spouse so there is no unnecessary interaction between the spouses.

About Legal-yogi is a knowledgeable, cost-free website located in Pitts field, Massachusetts that gladly gets people who have questions about military divorce together with the family law attorneys who can answer them. The site is available 24 hours a day, every day, so anyone who calls will get the information they need right away. For a free initial consultation, dial 1-800-397-1755.