Residents can safeguard their homes with these eight tips
Saint Peters, MO -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/10/2019 -- This month homeowners welcome one of the most anticipated times of the year—the arrival of summer. But there is more to June than just sunshine and happiness. This month—which is recognized as National Safety Month—the National Safety Council reminds homeowners about the importance of home safety, especially when it comes to proper guidelines associated with the air conditioner.
To help area residents prevent in-home AC accidents and air conditioning repair in St. Charles County, MO, Jerry Kelly is offering eight important safety tips that relate to the air conditioner. Please keep these recommendations in mind as the summer heats up.
1. Schedule an AC tune-up—always with a professional such as Jerry Kelly— before the summer season begins. Tune-ups early in the season help prevent breakdowns.
2. Disconnect power sources when air conditioning is being serviced.
3. Change air filters regularly.
4. Follow the manufacturer's manual and all safety procedures that are outlined.
5. Always take notice of strange AC sounds or smells early on to help ward off problems later.
6. Always keep at least a 3-foot clearance around the indoor air handler.
7. Keep all supply and return vents free from blockages. Move furniture if it's impeding airflow.
8. Be sure to keep children from playing near outdoor units, reducing the temptation to stick toys inside them.
In addition to these tips, the HVAC giant suggests adding the following to any summer safety checklist:
- Change smoke alarm batteries.
- Test carbon monoxide detectors.
- Use dedicated outlets for window AC units, not extension cords.
- Be sure AC window units are firmly secured in window frames.
- Do not place window units near water.
When HVAC maintenance or AC repair in West County, MO, is needed, homeowners can always rely on Jerry Kelly and its team of experts to get the job done.
About Jerry Kelly Heating & Air Conditioning
For over 40 years, Jerry Kelly Heating & Air Conditioning has focused on providing residents in Saint Charles and the surrounding communities in West County, MO, with ideal indoor comfort solutions. This high-quality residential and commercial HVAC provider prioritizes satisfaction in everything it does and stands behind its workmanship 100 percent. Using its experience and knowledge of all things heating, cooling and indoor air quality, Jerry Kelly always provides top quality service to "simply make it work."