Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/06/2014 -- In 'Mobile Operators Go after the Connected Car Opportunity; Cellular Telematics Value Chain, Business Models and Market Forecast,' Pyramid Research examines the cellular telematics value chain, analyzes the different business models and provides market forecast for the telematics industry globally. The report looks at the various market drivers and the main types of telematics applications, such as navigation, emergency services, diagnostics, PAYD and PHY insurance, and stolen vehicle recovery, focusing on the opportunities for MNOs to expand their role. Examples from around the globe are provided throughout the report.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Telematics is one of the most dynamic and fastest growing segments of the cellular machine-to-machine market.
- The total number of telematics M2M SIMs have reached 37m in 2013, representing about 4% of all passenger cars. By our estimates, penetration of passenger cars will grow to 12% by 2018, with telematics M2M SIMs contributing more than 20% of all M2M SIMs.
- Europe will become the largest market in 2016, overtaking the US.
- Regulations are a key market driver, with legal requirements beginning to have an impact on the markets in Brazil, parts of Europe and Russia.
- Pay-as-you-drive and pay-how-you-drive are the key telematics-based insurance services, but increasingly insurers are adding more services, such as security and vehicle location services, which also lower their risks.
- Mobile operators have a number of ways in which they can increase their share of the value chain, including becoming telematics service providers, offering flexible billing options, building or acquiring system integration capabilities and leveraging their channels to market.
'Mobile Operators Go after the Connected Car Opportunity; Cellular Telematics Value Chain, Business Models and Market Forecast,' a report by Pyramid Research, provides a detailed analysis of the market for various M2M telematics services aimed at non-commercial cars and delivered over cellular networks. The report examines the cellular telematics value chain and the opportunities available to operators to expand their role in that value chain. It analyzes the different business models and provides market forecast for the telematics industry globally, evaluating the various market drivers and looking at how they differ between regions and especially between emerging and developed markets.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: ATandT, Chrysler, GM, Insurethebox, Porto Seguro, Royal Automobile Club, Sprint, State Farm Insurance, Telefonica, TIM, Verizon, Vodacom, Vodafone, Volvo.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Wireless research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- LTE Strategy 2013 - 2018
- The Personal Cloud: A Strategic Imperative for Operators - Competitive Market Trends, Forecasts and Operator Business Models
- LTE Business Strategy 2013
- Smartphone Strategies: How Devices Can Revitalize the Role of Operators in the Mobile Ecosystem
- From Digital Content to M-Wallets: M-Payment Strategies for Operators
- Connected Vehicles: Market and Forecast for LTE and Telematics Applications 2014 - 2019
- Mobile Network Operator Revenue Improvement and Profitability Enhancement
- India - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts
- Tablets in Western Europe - Market Opportunities and Operator Business Models
- Business Process as A Service (BPaaS) Market & Cloud BPM Market By Process Outsourcing (Sales, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Marketing, Operations) - Global Advancements, Opportunity Roadmaps, Market Forecast and Analysis (2013 - 2018)