New Healthcare research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/27/2015 -- The Moldovan pharmaceutical market presents limited opportunities for investors in the short term , but with the country opening up to European free-trade zone, we expect the pharmaceutical market to feel the positive benefit of closer ties with the European Union. Moldova's economic outlook will continue to have a significant impact on the pharmaceutical market's growth trajectory over the forecast period .
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: MDL2.73bn (USD214mn) in 2013 to MDL2.9bn (USD226mn) in 2014; +5.7% in local currency terms and +5.4% in US dollar terms. Forecast unchanged from Q414.
- Healthcare: MDL11.21bn (USD895mn) in 2013 to MDL12.05bn (USD941mn) in 2014; +7.5% in local currency terms and +5.1% in US dollar terms.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk/Reward Index : Moldova sits in penultimate place in our Q115 Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Index for Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). Ranking 19th out of a total of 20 markets, Moldova performs poorly in terms of both Risks and Rewards, posting a score of 38.4.
Key Trends And Developments
- The European Parliament approved the EU-Moldova Association Agreement, enabling tariff-free trade between the two entities.
- Moldova's government sold its 94.6% stake in domestic pharmaceutical manufacturer, Farmaco (Pharmaco) for MDL51.6mn in April 2014.
- In April 2014, the government announced plans to sign an agreement for Moldovan doctors to work in Germany legally. Although the move is likely to encourage circular migration, it places further strain on understaffed hospitals and removes informal payments.
BMI Economic View: We expect the National Bank of Moldova (NBM) to continue with a cautious 'wait-and-see' approach to monetary policy in 2014 and early 2015. A worsening external environment will keep growth and inflation subdued, and we now expect the tightening cycle to be delayed until 2016.
BMI Political View: Moldova's governing pro-EU coalition is well positioned to retain power after the November...
The Moldova Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Moldova Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Moldova pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Moldova, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Moldovan pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Moldovan pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Moldova.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
An at-a-glance perspective on the latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The pharmaceuticals and healthcare SWOT outlines strategic factors that affect the basic assumptions underpinning BMI?s forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI?s political, economic and business environment SWOTs, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Industry forecasts to end-2019 for all key indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecasts:
Healthcare: Total healthcare expenditure (USDbn), healthcare expenditure (% of GDP), healthcare expenditure per capita (USD), hospital beds, doctors, and birth & mortality rates (all per ?000 population).
Pharmaceutical Market: Drug expenditure in USDbn, % of GDP and per capita (USD).
Patented Drug Market: Prescription drug sales (USDbn & % of total sales).
Generic Drug Market: Generic product sales (USDbn), generic sales (% of total sales).
OTC Drug Market: OTC sales (USDbn & % of total sales).
Macroeconomic Forecasts: Nominal and real GDP, % real GDP growth, % private consumption growth, % industrial output growth, % consumer price index, % GDP price deflator, exports, imports, trade balance, current account balance, foreign direct investment, exchange rate against USD, government expenditure and external debt.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Egypt Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Vietnam Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- United Arab Emirates Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Malaysia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015