New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Moldova Telecommunications Report 2013"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/08/2013 -- BMI View: With a mobile penetration rate of 92% at the end of June 2012, Moldova's mobile market still has considerable growth potential. However, the majority of the population (58.3% at the end of 22011, according to BMI data) live in rural areas and may be unable to access mobile services because of cost or lack of network coverage. Despite the introduction of 3G network services, Moldova's fixed broadband sector continues to record strong subscriber growth, a development we expect to sustain demand for fixed-line voice services, albeit it at a declining rate of growth.
- The mobile market grew by 2.7% in H112, compared to 3.4% during the same period in 2011.
- The fixed-line market grew by 0.8% in H112, compared to 0.9% during the same period in 2011.
- Broadband subscriptions grew by 8.4% in H112, compared to 14.5% a year earlier.
- Mobile, fixed-line and broadband ARPUs trended downwards in the two years to June 2012.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Moldova remained in 18th (last) position on BMI's CEE telecoms Risk/Reward Ratings table for Q113, scoring below the regional average on all four ratings categories. The country's lowest score was in the country rewards category, reflecting a low rate of urbanisation and GDP per capita. The industry rewards and country rewards scores were largely held back by low ARPUs in the mobile sector and low average private consumption growth over the five years to 2017, compared to many other countries in the region.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bahrain Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Switzerland Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Lithuania Telecommunications Report 2013
- Iran Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Norway Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)