Fast Market Research recommends "Monopile Foundation: Dominance in Offshore Wind Foundation Industry" from GlobalData, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/05/2013 -- The global offshore wind power industry has grown rapidly in recent years. Countries looking to increase their dependency on wind energy are increasingly looking to offshore wind projects due to high capacity factors and high wind speeds. On the other hand, the increased distance from the shore also increases the water depth, rendering construction cumbersome in terms of factors such as foundation size, seabed piling, grouting, amount of raw material required, physical properties, and tensile strength.
The industry for offshore wind foundations is growing rapidly with a number of technologies and designs in the market. There are two fundamental types of technology available: fixed-bottom foundations, and floating foundations. The majority of attention is on the former. Most offshore wind farms constructed to date are close to the shore in water of around 20 meters (m) in depth, for which monopile foundations are preferred. Monopile foundations are most commonly used and account for 4.5 Gigawatts (GW) of offshore wind capacity. However, as the offshore wind industry moves into deeper water, monopile foundations are expected to be partially replaced by jacket, tripod, and floating foundations. Floating foundations are gaining importance as they can operate in the depths of 100-500m.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- This report provides market analysis on different types of offshore wind foundation.
- It provides major market players in foundation manufacturing industry.
- It also covers the problems faced and future trends in offshore wind foundation industry.
Reasons to Get This Report
- The report focuses on global offshore wind foundation market.
- It includes market analysis on the various types of offshore wind foundations, issues faced by the offshore wind turbine foundation industry and emerging trends.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- DONG Energy A/S - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2012 Update
- DONG Energy AS - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Global M&A and Investment Trends in Offshore Wind Energy Market - 2012 - YTD
- Offshore Exploration and Production (E&P) in Asia-Pacific - Market Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2020
- The Importance of Ports in the UK's Booming Offshore Wind Industry
- Power Grid System Market In Subsea, By Offshore Power (Captive Generation, Wind Power, Others), Components (Cables, Variable Speed Drives, Transformers, Switchgears, Others) and Geography - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Deep Offshore Oil & Gas Exploration and Production (E&P) in West Africa - Market Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2020
- E.ON SE (EOAN) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Offshore Wind Power - Global Market Size, Average Installation Price, Regulations, Market Share and Key Country Analysis to 2020
- Wind Power in Spain, Market Outlook to 2025 - Capacity, Generation, Market Share, Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE), Investment Trends, Regulations and Company Profiles