Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/24/2012 -- Motion Sensors Market, Global Forecast & Analysis (2011 - 2016) By Technology (Passive Infrared, Ultrasonic, Microwave, Tomographic, Dual -Technology/ Hybrid), Application Types (Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Industrial & Medical, Aerospace & Defense) & Products (Mems Accelerometer, Mems Gyroscopes, Digital Compass)
Motion sensors are all around us, the most common application of motion sensor is the automatic doors that we come across when we walks into a grocery store. Since mid-1800s, motion sensors have been used globally. In the 1900s, astronomers used infrared light to detect the movement of planets and stars, but back then this was its only use. The discovery of radar led to modern day motion sensing devices. Samuel Bagno used the principles of radar detection to produce the ultrasonic motion alarm.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In ancient times, farmers used to gauge the movement of stars and decided when to plant crops and harvest them. The first motion sensor system radar was pioneered by Heinrich Hertz. According to the properties of waves, Hertz found that waves could bounce off of objects and had different speeds.
World War II gave a perfect platform for the development of motion sensors technology. Decades of study regarding the properties of waves facilitated detection of air and naval vessels. In 1940s, radar technology was adequately advanced such that the military could identify attacks in advance and guided their aircrafts. The ubiquitous utilization of radar would lead to the other uses of motion detectors after the war. The report describes the various technical advantages and insights provided by motion sensor products.
The Global Motion Sensors Market report is segmented with sectors like Product, Technology, and Applications. Motion Sensors technology market forecasts are provided for each region for the period from 2011 to 2016.
Motion Sensors is an additional upcoming accessibility option combined with products. It can be seen as a replacement for the traditional mems sensors. Motion Sensors technology is in a great demand with motion sensors enabled products like Smartphones & tablets, and they have the big share in market. Consumer electronic products are the ones that contribute maximum to the motion sensors market.
Different technologies are specifically used for different applications based on the features and performance of motion sensing technologies. The market is now on the rise due to increase in the use of motion sensor enabled smart phones, tablets, medical equipments, military & aerospace devices, and industrial machineries.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Temperature Sensor Market: A Study of Major Sensor Types & Applications - Global Forecast & Analysis (2011-2016)
- Three-Dimensional Integrated Circuit & Through-Silicon Via Interconnects Market - Global Forecast & Trend Analysis (2011 - 2016) By Technology, Products & Applications
- Global Sensors Market For Automotive Applications (2011 - 2016)
- Industrial Controls (SCADA, PLC, DCS) & Factory Automation (Field Devices, MES, ERP) Market - Global Forecast & Analysis to 2016
- Three-dimensional (3D) Technology Market (2011 - 2016) By Products, Applications & Technology - Features Introduction To 4D Technology
- GLOBAL WIRELESS SENSORS MARKET FOR ENVIRONMENTAL & AGRICULTURAL MONITORING (2011 - 2016)
- Global Large (Wide) Format Inkjet Printers Market Forecast by Width, Hardware, Media, & Ink (2011 - 2016)
- Global Smart/Connected/Hybrid TV Market Forecast by Accessories, Platforms, Middleware, Application & Geography with detailed Value Chain, Competitive Landscaping and Critical Capability (Use Cases) Analysis 2011 - 2016
- Global Magnetic Field Sensors Market by Product (Angular, Revolution, Current, Position) by Technology (Hall Effect, Magneto Resistive & Inductive, Fluxgate, Squid), & Applications (Consumer, Automotive, Industrial, Aerospace & Defense) 201
- Video Surveillance Market - Global Forecast & Analysis (2011 - 2016) by Products, Components, Applications and System Services