Transparency Market Research (http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com) includes new market research report "Myocardial Ischemia Market" to its huge collection of research reports.
Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/29/2014 -- Myocardial ischemia is characterized by a specific condition, where there is an insufficient flow of blood to the heart muscle (myocardium) through coronary arteries. Due to an obstruction or constriction of the arteries, the heart is not able to pump oxygenated blood and other vital nutrients to the body efficiently and finally leads to destruction of the heart muscles. Blockage of an artery (due to atherosclerotic plaque), blood clots, heart muscle diseases and artery spasms or contraction are few of the causes of myocardial ischemia. Various symptoms of myocardial ischemia include breathlessness, dizziness, heart palpitations, weakness, shoulder pain and chest pain (angina pectoris).
Browse the full Myocardial Ischemia Market Report with TOC
Based on diagnosis, the myocardial ischemia market can be segmented as follows:
- Cardiac CT scan: Coronary artery clarification can be determined by CT scans and can aid in the diagnosis of coronary atherosclerotic
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) : ECG reveals a heart’s activity with the help of electrodes attached to the patient’s chests, arms and legs
- Nuclear scan: Certain radioactive materials are injected into a patient’s bloodstream and are detected by special cameras as they flow through the blood. Dark spots appear on the scan in those regions where there is limited bloodflow
- Coronary angiography: Coronary angiography uses X-ray imaging to examine to the heart’s internal blood vessels
- Holter monitoring: Holter monitor is a small, portable device which is worn by a patient to record heart rhythm
Based on treatment, the myocardial ischemia can be segmented as follows:
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors: These inhibitors prevent an enzyme to produce angiotensin II, a substance which affects the cardiovascular system
- Aspirin: Aspirin can reduce the ability of blood clotting, and hence can prevent constriction of coronary arteries
- Beta blockers: Beta blockers control the pace of a patient’s heartbeat, and relaxes the heart muscles
- Nitroglycerine: It improves the blood flow within the body by repairing the arterial blood vessels
- Angioplasty, also referred to as percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
Based on geography, the myocardial ischemia market can be segmented into four major regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World. Out of these four regions, North America dominates the myocardial ischemia market followed by Europe. The major driving factors for the growth of myocardial ischemia market are increase in the prevalence of various heart-related diseases, and growing awareness of the population about cardiovascular diseases coupled with geriatric population which is rapidly increasing. According to a survey, approximately 1.5 million cases of myocardial ischemia occur annually in the United States. Moreover, technological advancements and increasing competition from small market players have further fueled the growth of myocardial ischemia market.
Asia Pacific is developing rapidly and is considered to be as one of the most promising markets for the augmentation of myocardial ischemia market. The factors which will contribute towards the growth of this market in Asia Pacific are presence of emerging economies, constantly changing lifestyles of people which have accelerated the prevalence of serious heart ailments, and better healthcare infrastructures. Furthermore, the increasing need of individuals to opt for the best technology available for their treatment would most probably accentuate the growth of myocardial ischemia market in various Asian countries.
Various pharmaceutical companies are constantly trying to come up with novel therapeutic developments for the treatment of myocardial ischemia. Some of the top major players operating in myocardial ischemia therapeutics market are Baxter International, Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, Cardium Therapeutics, Inc., ViroMed Co. Ltd., Atrium Medical Corporation, Vasade Biosciences, Inc. and many others.
This research report analyzes this market on the basis of its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends.
Geographies analyzed under this research report include:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of:
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Read More Reports on Pharmaceutical Market:
About Transparency Market Research
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a market intelligence company providing global business research reports and consulting services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insights for thousands of decision-makers.
TMR’s experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources along with various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information. Our business offerings represent the latest and the most reliable information which is indispensable for businesses to sustain their competitive edge.
Enquiry before Buying
Latest Upcoming Reports
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
Browse market research blog: