New Transportation market report from Business Monitor International: "Netherlands Freight Transport Report Q3 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/03/2014 -- The Dutch economy perked up during the tail end of 2013, with a robust 0.7% quarter-on- quarter increase in real GDP confirming that a recovery is under way. We expect growth to accelerate in 2014, underpinned by a recovery in fixed investment and exports. However, we stress that the Netherlands' double digit (in % of GDP terms) current account surplus, leaves the economy particularly vulnerable if the eurozone r ecovery fails to gain momentum. This will feed into the fortunes of the country's freight industry also.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Despite persisting weakness across the broader eurozone, the Dutch economic recovery switched up a gear during the final three months of 2013, boding well for a more robust outturn this year. Although a stabilisation in household demand will provide support to the broader economy, growth will be largely driven by net trade and a recovery in fixed investment, with the latter previously being held back by the uncertain demand outlook as a result of the eurozone crisis. Although we hold to a broadly constructive view for the Dutch economy in 2014, we warn that the risk of the eurozone recovery failing to find a secure footing, or a disorderly correction in the housing market, remain lingering threats to the sustainability of the recovery.
Growth across the freight mix in the Netherlands in 2014 is set to be steady, if uninspiring. Leading the way in terms of year-on-year (y-o-y) tonnage growth is set to be the air freight sector with annual gains of 2.70%. Growth across all of the freight sectors is set to be between 2.70% and 1.62% (inland waterways).
Headline Industry Data
- 2014 Port of Rotterdam tonnage throughput is forecast to grow 2.64% to 452.092mn tonnes. Container traffic to expand by 2.11% to 11.87mn twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs).
- 2014 port of Amsterdam bulk throughput forecast to grow by 2.12% to 80.16mn tonnes. Container traffic to grow by 1.30% to 44,334TEUs.
- 2014 rail freight total tonnage volume growth forecast to come in at...
The Netherlands Freight Transport Report has been researched at source, and features latest-available data covering commercial transport and logistics by road, rail, air and water; industry forecasts, company rankings covering leading national and multinational operators; and analysis of latest industry trends, opportunities, projects and regulatory changes.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Netherlands Freight Transport Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Dutch freight transport and logistics industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent freight transport industry forecasts on Netherlands to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the strategic freight transport market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Dutch freight transport sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Netherlands.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs, and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering freight transport and logistics, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the freight sector and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Industry Trends And Developments
Analysis of latest projects across the freight transport sector (road, rail, air, sea and logistics) including market overview which provides an outline of the key elements driving development.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and macroeconomic indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
Transport Sector: Sector Value (US$bn); sector real growth (%); employment (`000); total freight carried by road, rail, inland waterways, maritime, air and pipeline (mn tonnes-km/mn tonnes)
Trade: Exports and imports (US$mn) by category of goods (manufactured goods, food, chemicals etc.); top-5 import and export trade partners (US$mn); imports/exports to each global region (US$mn)
Port Data: Throughput (`000 tonnes) and container throughput (TEU) for all major ports in the state
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Belgium Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Hong Kong Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Czech Republic Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Vietnam Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- China Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Hungary Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Iran Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Poland Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Malaysia Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Brazil Freight Transport Report Q3 2014