New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/03/2014 -- New data shed fresh light on the Netherlands' wireline and mobile voice and data services markets. Internet telephony services lifted the wireline voice market in 2012/13 but the mobile market declined as operators shed more inactive prepaid subscribers than expected and mobile termination rate cuts accentuated declines in operator-billed voice and data service revenue. The roll out of 4G LTE services provides some uplift to the mobile and broadband markets, but essentially is cannibalising an existing audience. In this context, despite its considerable strength as an MVNO, Tele2 's delayed emergence as a converged services player lacks conviction.
- Mobile subscriptions contracted by 5.3% to 18.780mn in 2013 as operators forbore from chasing organic growth and instead focused on migrating customers to higher value plans while also shedding inactive accounts. BMI now forecasts average growth of -1.8% per annum through to 2018.
- Growth in uptake of mobile broadband services slowed in 2012 and was variable at best in 2013 according to data from ACM. Meanwhile, variable xDSL growth was mitigated by strong interest in FTTH. Thus, BMI now forecasts broadband subscriptions to grow by 1.1% per annum through to 2018, reaching a total of 9.218mn.
- Consolidation in the pay-TV sector is imminent, with UPC set to acquire Ziggo later in 2014, and a number of small regional cable operators likely to be put up for sale in the near future. Vodafone's foray into TV and the planned launch of subscription video-on-demand (S-VOD) services by traditional broadcasters show that consumer choice is not being diluted, but the power of Netflix as a market disruptor must be acknowledged.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
We believe there will be scant audience engagement opportunities for the newly-launched S-VOD service provided by the Netherlands' three largest broadcasters. The pay-TV market is already dominated by streaming and on-demand services...
The Netherlands Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Netherlands's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Netherlands Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Netherlands.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Netherlands to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Dutch telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Netherlands's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Netherlands.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Rankings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
- Internet Markets - Internet users ('000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers ('000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- China Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Ukraine Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Kazakhstan and Central Asia Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- South Korea Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Nigeria Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Japan Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Taiwan Telecommunications Report Q4 2014