Sydney, New South Wales -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/18/2014 -- A diamond is a girl’s best friend, and swarovski comes as second. More than a hundred years ago, Daniel Swarovski invented a machine which cuts and polishes crystal jewelry stones. Since then, the Swarovski crystals can be seen in fashion, jewelry, and more recently in lighting, architecture and interiors.
The fashion world has never been the same without the precisely-cut crystals. It has adorned bags, shoes, clothing, and jewelry. It has made fashion jewelry remarkable and has often embellished bracelets, brooches, cuff links, earrings, necklaces, rings, pendants, charms, and watches.
Swarovski crystal is a delicate material which requires special care. As dainty as it looks, a less careful owner is sure to easily damage the crystals with improper care.
Here is how to take care of these crystals without too much trouble:
- Store jewelry in its original packaging or in a soft pouch to avoid scratches.
- Gently polish jewelry frequently with a soft cloth to maintain its original sparkling finish.
- Remove jewelry before washing hands, swimming and/or applying products (e.g. perfume, hairspray, soap, or lotion). This could harm the metal and reduce the life of the plating. It also causes discoloration and loss of crystal brilliance.
- Put jewelry last when dressing and take off first when undressing.
- Avoid contact with water and sweat.
- Avoid hard contact, like knocking against objects which can scratch or chip the crystal.
- Avoid exposure to hot weather and direct sunlight.
How to clean Swarovski crystals:
Alternatively, an old toothbrush and toothpaste come handy in cleaning these precious crystals. However, make sure to use a toothbrush with soft bristles.
- Check and secure any loose crystals before starting to clean. Wipe the jewelry first to remove dust and particles.
- Lightly moisten the old toothbrush, then dip the end in a little toothpaste.
- Gently scrub the crystals using light, circular motion.
- Carefully rinse in clean water. Wipe off excess moisture with a clean, soft cloth.
- Set a hairdryer on low. Gently blow dry the crystal piece to ensure the remaining moisture caught in the piece will be removed. This would cause grime build up or tarnish if not removed.
Follow these steps and get the satisfaction of wearing Swarovski jewelry for a long time.
Sparkly is one of Australia’s premiere jewellery stores that prides itself on providing you with a variety of versatile pieces for your all-occasion needs. With convenient shopping options onsite in Sydney or online, you can shop for sparkly jewellery anytime you feel an urge to sparkle and shine!