New Transportation research report from Markets and Markets is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/28/2014 -- Automotive Telematics Market by Services (Safety & Security, Information & Navigation, Entertainment and Remote Diagnostics), by Type (Embedded, Tethered & Integrated), Vehicle Type (Passenger Car, HCV and LCV), and Region - Global Trends and Forecast to 2019
Telematics is an integration of wireless communications, location technology, and in-vehicle electronics and is used for vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V), vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I), and vehicle-to-devices (V2D) communication. Using this technology, the information is either generated in the vehicle's control unit and conveyed to back office systems or alternatively, the back office systems display data such as road maps, weather forecasts, stock updates, and many more to the vehicle's control unit. Major components used in this technology are telematics control units (TCU), telematics network operations systems, and wireless communications infrastructure. The main stakeholders of telematics industry are the automotive sector, telematics service providers (TSPs), information technology, and the telecom sector including hardware manufacturers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
According to industry experts, many vehicles will continue to have various technological advancements such as integration of smartphones with the vehicle infotainment unit. This is attributed to the trend that embedded solutions will be more appealing and affordable in the near future. Even though the study projects that all these services will develop over the coming years, some of these services will grow at a faster rate than others, owing to the higher demand of these services. One of such high demand services is information and navigation, which is gaining importance with time. The demand for certain services is set to be driven by legislations such as the regulations for eCall services in the European region.
The report covers the global automotive telematics market. The report is broadly segmented by vehicle type (passenger car, light commercial vehicle, and heavy commercial vehicle). The market is further segmented by- service (safety and security, information & navigation, entertainment, and remote diagnostics), by type (embedded, tethered, and integrated), by regions (Asia-Oceania, Europe, North America, and RoW) and focuses on key countries in each region.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- X-by-Wire Systems Market - Global Market Trends & Forecast to 2014 to 2019
- Automotive Multi-Wheel Drive Systems Market - Global Trends and Forecast to 2019
- Car Security Systems Market - Industry Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Automotive Exhaust Systems Market - Trends & Forecasts to 2019
- Passenger Car Sensors Market - Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Actuator Systems Market in Aviation - Market Analysis (Commercial Aviation And Defense Aviation Landing Gear, Flight Control, Electromechanical, Electrohydraulic, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Mechanical) - Forecasts 2014 - 2019
- Automotive Lighting Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Ceramic Coatings Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Customer Experience Management Market - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- Flame Retardant Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019