New Pharmaceuticals market report from GlobalData: "Banzel / Inovelon (Epilepsy) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/08/2013 -- GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, "Banzel / Inovelon (Epilepsy) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022". Epilepsy is a brain disorder characterized by spontaneously occurring and recurrent seizures. The market is heavily driven by the sales of antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) targeted at seizure reduction. The AED market is currently dominated by UCB's Keppra and GlaxoSmithKline's Lamictal. Although both drugs have experienced significant generic erosion, they form the mainstay of epilepsy treatment in the nine markets and will continue to have significant market share during the forecast period. Other key drugs include older generation AEDs such as Pfizer's Dilantin, Abbott's Depakote, and Novartis' Tegretol and Trileptal which still have significant usage due to their longevity in the market. However, the AED dominance landscape will continue to shift towards newer generation drugs particularly following the recent market entry of GlaxoSmithKline's Trobalt/Potiga and Eisai's Fycompa which both offer first-in-class mechanisms of action.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Banzel (rufinamide) is an AED that was originally developed by Novartis. In 2004, Eisai acquired the rights to develop, manufacture, and market the drug worldwide. Rufinamide is marketed in North America as Banzel, and in the EU under the brand name Inovelon. The drug is used to treat seizures associated with LGS, a severe form of epilepsy in children and adults, and is available as film-coated tablets and a suspension for oral administration. Rufinamide is a sodium channel inhibitor, but as a triazole derivative it is structurally unrelated to the currently marketed AEDs that also inhibit sodium channels. Although its precise MOA is unknown, in-vitro studies indicate that rufinamide significantly slows sodium channel recovery from inactivation and limits sustained repetitive firing of neurons.
- Overview of Epilepsy, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Banzel / Inovelon including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Banzel / Inovelon for the top seven countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan
Reasons to Get This Report
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Epilepsy
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Banzel / Inovelon performance
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- PharmaPoint: Epilepsy - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Epilepsy - Spain Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Epilepsy - France Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Epilepsy - Italy Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Epilepsy - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Epilepsy - UK Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Epilepsy - Germany Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Epilepsy - India Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Fycompa (Epilepsy) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Epilepsy - China Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022