Fast Market Research recommends "Beer in Australia" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/09/2014 -- Australian consumers continue to drink less beer overall, with total volume sales dropping by 4% in 2013. Although the trend towards premiumisation has ensured that some beer types flourished, others continued to struggle. Performances of note were premium lagers growing by 3% in volume terms, whereas, domestic mid-priced lager dropped by 7%.
Foster's Group's Victoria Bitter regained its position as the most popular beer in Australia in 2013 after a successful re-launch of the brand that included a return the previous alcohol content. In October 2012, Victoria Bitter begun its campaign to regain the number position within Australian beer. After suffering a 23% drop in sales volume in 2012 prior to the re-launch, the brand actually grew in retail volume sales by 3% in 2013. This dramatic turnaround is due to a refocus on the brand's traditional demographic of blue collar males between the 35-55 year old age bracket. Victoria Bitter reinstated its previous alcohol content of 4.9% ABV, stating that the drop was done initially out of financial reasons and that it had lost focus on its loyal customers. The packaging was also altered to return to a more retro style that Victoria Bitter possessed in its heyday.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Australians will continue to drink less beer overall but ensure that the beer they do drink is of a higher quality. Craft beer will continue is rise from obscurity to become a dominant force within national beer. Despite only accounting for approximately 2% share of the national market there are broad scale investments in brewing capacity for craft beer across Australia, such as that by Lion, investing in an additional Little Creatures brewery in Geelong, Victoria. The large scale investments in craft beer by the dominant players, combined with the increasingly popular Pale Ale and the surge in micro-breweries, means that Euromonitor anticipates craft beer making up over 5% of beer by 2018. Increasingly large exposure, knowledge and popularity will ensure craft beer remains the shining light in the recently fading beer landscape.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Beer industry in Australia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Beer industry in Australia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Beer in Australia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market volume shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Beer in Australia?
- What are the major brands in Australia?
- How has premium lager performed in the wake of the global recession, has it lost out to economy lager as consumers traded down?
- What are the most popular flavours within non-alcoholic beer?
- What are the market opportunities for 'healthier' beers like low calorie and/or low abv beers?
- Has the implementation of a stricter drink driving law benefited sales of low/non-alcohol beer?
- Has the recession benefited domestic lager over imported lager?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Dark Beer, Lager, Non/Low Alcohol Beer, Stout.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Premium Beer Market 2013
- Sweetening The Pils - The Market for Flavored Beer and Beer Mixes
- Beer - Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Beer - BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) Industry Guide
- Beer - North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide
- The Craft Beer Phenomenon
- Beer - Scandinavia Industry Guide
- Australia Beer Market Insights 2013
- Sweden Beer Market Insights 2013
- Vietnam Beer Market Insights 2013