Fast Market Research recommends "Brazil Information Technology Report Q4 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/22/2014 -- The medium term growth story for Brazil's IT market is positive, but we continue to highlight downside in 2014 as a result of a weaker economic environment, particularly currency depreciation and declining confidence . Looking further ahead, t he Brazilian IT market is the largest in Latin America and will continue to be driven by a growing middle-class population and enterprise modernisation . There are also major opportunities in the retail hardware spending, with first-time buyer and upgrade/replacement opportunities in the PC market, strong demand for tablets (including procurements for education). Meanwhile, Brazil is also developing as a regional hub for emerging technologies, including machine-to-machine communications, Big Data and cloud computing.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer hardware sales: BRL49.4bn in 2013 to BRL53.3bn in 2014; up 7.9%. Desktop shipments should be boosted by the withdrawal of official Microsoft support for XP, but it will be growth in tablet volumes that outperforms.
- Software sales: BRL21.5bn in 2013 to BRL23.2bn in 2014; up 7.9%. Company modernisation initiatives to improve competitiveness and lay the foundations for expansion are driving investments in IT, particularly in ERP and CRM applications.
- IT services sales: BRL32.2bn in 2013 to BRL35.2bn in 2014, up 9.4%. Cloud computing demand will be the leading driver of sales growth while the nascent machine-to-machine communications market shows signs of taking off, particularly in utilities and e-health verticals.
Key Trends And Developments
The cloud computing market is developing rapidly in Brazil, with investment pouring into the country both to serve the large domestic market and act as a regional hub for services across Latin America. In 2014 major investments include the move by Chinese telecoms equipment vendor Huawei Technologies to open a datacentre for the provision of Big Data, cloud computing and mobility solutions....
The Brazil Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Brazil Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Brazil.
- Benchmark BMI's independent IT Industry forecasts for Brazil to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Brazilian IT market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Brazil's IT sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in Brazil.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering IT, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Cross-border analysis of regional markets, commenting on IT penetration (PC and internet) and market growth drivers (IT market size and IT market compound growth).
Country Market Overview
Structure, size and value of the industry sectors including hardware, software and services; overview of the industry landscape and key players; assessment of the business operating environment and the latest regulatory developments and government authority.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
IT Sector: IT industry value (US$bn); IT sector contribution to GDP (%); value of hardware, software and services industry (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software imports and exports (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software sales (US$mn); number of PCs (`000); PCs/100 inhabitants; internet users (`000); internet users per 100 inhabitants; broadband subscribers (`000); broadband subscribers per 100 inhabitants.
Economy: Economic growth (%); nominal GDP (US$bn); unemployment (%); interest rates (%); exchange rate (against US$).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Indonesia Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- China Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Kuwait Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Venezuela Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Israel Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Slovenia Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Sri Lanka Information Technology Report Q4 2014