Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/06/2014 -- BMI predicts that Bulgaria will spend USD618.4mn on defence in 2014. This is a reduction from the USD635.4mn that it spent in 2013. Although the years 2010-2013 showed a reduction in defence spending in Bulgaria, we expect spending to gradually increase up to 2018. We believe that Bulgaria will spend USD667mn annually on average between 2015 and 2018.
Bulgaria maintains three separate armed services, namely its army, air force and navy. In common with many of the former Warsaw Pact members which have joined NATO in recent years, Bulgaria has performed a steady downsizing of its armed forces. In 2001, the country had 111,300 personnel in its armed forces. This steadily reduced to 47,300 in 2011.
Regarding Bulgaria's defence trade balance, the country has maintained a deficit as regards the value of its defence exports versus the value of its defence imports. Between 2012 and 2013, Bulgaria's defence trade balance had a deficit of USD100,000. We expect this figure to be maintained in 2014, and also throughout the remainder of the forecast period between 2015 and 2018, remaining unchanged at USD100,000.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Defense research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Saudi Arabia Defence & Security Report Q3 2014
- Singapore Defence & Security Report Q3 2014
- Brazil Defence & Security Report Q3 2014
- United Arab Emirates Defence & Security Report Q3 2014
- Kazakhstan and Central Asia Defence & Security Report Q3 2014
- Cyber Security Market - Global Advancements, Forecasts & Analysis (2014-2019)
- The Global Maritime and Border Security Market 2014 - 2024
- Bosnia-Herzegovina Defence & Security Report 2014
- The Global Military IT, Data and Computing Market 2014-2024
- Taiwan Defence & Security Report Q2 2014