New Energy market report from GlobalData: "Canadian Solar to Acquire Majority Stake in Portfolio of Solar Projects in Ontario, Canada from SkyPower - Deal Analysis from GlobalData"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/26/2012 -- Canadian Solar Inc., a producer and supplier of solar modules, agreed to acquire a majority stake in 16 solar projects in Ontario, Canada, from SkyPower Limited. The total installed capacity of the portfolio will be approximately between 190 to 200MW. Each of these solar projects has a power purchase agreement with Ontario Power Authority for a year of 20-year. The transaction is valued at approximately CAD185m ($185m), to be paid at certain undisclosed milestones.
Canadian Solar Inc. and SkyPower Limited also agreed to form a 50:50 international joint venture to develop solar power plants in emerging markets. The companies expect to start generating revenue from this global strategic initiative within the next two to three years.
- The deal report provides the analysis on the acquisition of 16 solar project by Canadian Solar from Skypower in April 2012.
- It analyze the rationality behind the acquisition and drivers which played important role in making such decision by Canadian Solar.
- The report covers the brief overview of the companies involved in the transaction.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Reasons to Get this Report
The deal analysis report provides in depth analysis on the following -
- It covers - Canadian Solar Inc's., announcement of acquisition of majority stake in the portfolio of solar projects in Ontario, Canada from SkyPower Limited.
- It throws light on the International joint venture between Canadian Solar Inc. and SkyPower Limited (50:50). - It covers collaboration strategies for emerging markets.
- It covers key drivers for deal in the solar sector of Canada.
- It information in the deal will be helpful for the investor in solar sector.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Electricite de France S.A. (EDF) - Power - Deals and Alliances Profile
- SunEdison LLC - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- EDF Energies Nouvelles SA - Power - Deals and Alliances Profile
- First Solar, Inc. (FSLR) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- EDF Energies Nouvelles SA (EEN) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Conergy AG (CGYK) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Electricite de France S.A. (EDF) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- SkyPower Limited - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- EDF Energies Nouvelles SA - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile
- GE Energy Financial Services, Inc. - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile