Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/11/2014 -- The automobile industry is very competitive. The profitability on cars is slim with margins in the US as low as two percent on a new car. The large motor companies can make money by self-financing consumer deals. Dealerships hope to make money by promoting repair service packages, and offering extended warranties. The connected car is considered a gift because it is a new revenue stream, has a better margin than the car itself, and can be a differentiator between the cars themselves.
In the US, leading automobile manufacturers have committed to embedding cars with LTE in their product lines. For example, BMW makes an LTE/Wi-Fi adapter for their cars. Alcatel-Lucent, Verizon, and AT&T are proponents of the LTE-connected car. However, many new cars have embedded Wi-Fi, use GPS tracking, and have other forms of telematics. The full case for LTE is not yet realized.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This research evaluates the technology, solutions, and market for LTE and telematics in vehicles.
The report includes trend analysis, future outlook and forecasts through 2014.
- Vehicle LTE and Telematics forecast through 2014
- Identify key trends and future outlook for vehicle LTE
- Understand the technologies and solutions for vehicle LTE
- Identify key application areas for enterprise and consumers
- Understand the role of short-range communications vehicles
- Understand the capabilities for LTE Direct for peer-to-peer apps
Who Should Get This Report?
- Mobile network operators
- Automobile manufacturers
- Wireless device manufacturers
- Network infrastructure providers
- Application and content developers
- Telematics and M2M service providers
Companies in Report:
- Texas Instruments
Companies Mentioned in this Report: AMD, AT&T, Audi, BMW, Chrysler, Ford, Freescale, GM, Harman, Honda, Hyundai, NXP, Nissan, Nvidia, Qualcomm, SiriusXM, Sprint, T-Mobile, Texas Instruments, Toyota, Verizon, Verizon
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Connected Car Market (2013-2018): By Connectivity Technology (LTE, Wi-Fi, 3G, HSPA); Form Factor (Tethered, Embedded, Integrated); Product & Service (OEM & Aftermarket), Application (Navigation, Telematics, Infotainment) & Geography
- Transportation Management Market - Global Advancements, Forecasts and Analysis (2014-2019)
- Actuator Systems Market in Aviation - Market Analysis (Commercial Aviation And Defense Aviation Landing Gear, Flight Control, Electromechanical, Electrohydraulic, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Mechanical) - Forecasts 2014 - 2019
- Fleet Management Market (Fleet Analytics, Vehicle Tracking & Fleet Monitoring, Telematics, Vendor Services) By Vehicles (Trucks, Light Goods, Buses, Corporate Fleets, Container Ships, Aircrafts) Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- In-Building Wireless Market - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- C4ISR Market (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, Land Systems, Airborne Systems and Naval Systems) Forecasts 2014 - 2019
- Embedded System Hardware, Software, Tools, and OS: Global Market Analysis and Forecast 2014-2019
- 3D MAPPING & 3D MODELING: Global Advancements, Worldwide Market Size and Forecasts (2013 - 2018)
- Gamification Market [(Consumer Gamification, Enterprise Gamification) by Deployment (On-Premise, On-Demand); Application (Marketing, Sales, Hr, Support, and Development); Size (SMB, Enterprise)]: Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Future of the US Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2019