Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/12/2012 -- The value of the Colombian construction industry recorded a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.04% during the review period (2007-2011). This growth was fuelled by the significant levels of foreign investment the country received during the review period in areas such as mining and energy, as security improvements, steady economic growth, a stable political situation and business-friendly policies made the country increasingly attractive to foreign investors. The value of the Colombian construction industry is expected to register a CAGR of 7.33% over the forecast period (2012-2016). The Colombian infrastructure construction market accounted for 52.5% of the total value of the Colombian construction industry in 2011, and the value of the market recorded a strong CAGR of 12.71% during the review period. This growth was primarily attributable to significant infrastructure investments made by the Colombian government, coupled with increased private investment in Colombian infrastructure development.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Residential and infrastructure are the key markets in the Colombian construction industry. With share of 52.5% in 2011, infrastructure was the largest market, followed by the residential market that constituted a share of 34.7% in the same year.
- According to Colombia's Ministry of Transportation Investment Plan, COP99.3 trillion (US$56.3 billion) is expected to be invested in transport infrastructure development over the next ten years. Notably, the rapid development of Colombia's mining industry has necessitated construction of ports and railways for the transportation of mined coal.
- Driven by continued investments, the value of the Colombian infrastructure construction market is expected to record a CAGR of 7.91% over the forecast period.
- The Colombian government plans to build one million homes over the next four years at a total cost of approximately COP81.2 trillion (US$43.5 billion), with 70% of these homes expected to provide housing solutions for low-income families. The residential construction market is anticipated to record a CAGR of 6.76% over the forecast period."
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Colombia:
- Historical (2007-2011) and forecast (2012-2016) valuations of the construction market in Colombia using the construction output and value-add methods
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, institutional and residential) and by project type
- Breakdown of values within each project type, by type of activity (new construction, repair and maintenance, refurbishment and demolition) and by type of cost (materials, equipment and services)
- Analysis of key construction industry issues, including regulation, cost management, funding and pricing
- Assessment of the competitive environment using Porter's Five Forces
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Conconcreto SA, Montecz SA, AR Construcciones, Concesionaria Vial de Los Andes SA
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Construction in Vietnam - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in the Czech Republic - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in Indonesia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in China - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Affordable Housing and a CNY7.0 Trillion Infrastructure Budget to Propel Growth
- Construction in Russia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Government Infrastructure Spending to Increase for the 2014 Winter Olympics and 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Business Opportunities in the Water and Sewage Infrastructure Construction Industry in BRIC
- Construction in South Korea - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Business Opportunities in the Rail and Road Infrastructure Construction Industry in BRIC
- Construction in the Philippines - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Business Opportunities in Energy Infrastructure Construction in BRIC