Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/10/2012 -- GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest report, "Contract Research Organizations (CROs) Market to 2018 - Public-Private Partnerships to Strengthen Research Capacities and Advance Clinical Development Programs", which provides key data, information and analysis of CRO industry. The report provides a comprehensive insight into the size of the CRO market, and includes forecasts, key reasons for outsourcing, technology developments affecting CRO's, public private partnerships, profiles of top CROs, drivers and restraints and deals analysis.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and uses in-house analysis from GBI Research's team of industry experts.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
CRO industry market revenues were estimated to total $21.4 billion in 2010. In 2009 the revenues recorded were $19.1 billion. From 2009 to 2010 the industry grew at the rate of 12% which is considered to be very healthy in comparison to the other R&D industry growth. According to clinicaltrials.gov by November 2011, 43.9% of the clinical trials were carried out in the US. 22.9% of the trials were carried out in Europe. 11.6% of the trials were carried out in Asia and the rest of the clinical trials were carried out in Canada, Mexico, Australia, Middle East and Africa approximating 21.4% of the total clinical trials. GBI research estimates that the global R&D outsourcing market in 2010 was 25.3% of the total pharmaceutical R&D expenditure. The expenditure is estimated to increase at the rate of 5% annually and is expected to reach 37.1% of the total R&D expenditure by 2018. All the companies are looking to cut down the time for launch of drugs along with a reduction in the expenditure on R&D.
- Detailed overview of the CRO industry.
- Annualized market data and forecasts for the CRO market.
- Detailed overview of key reasons behind outsourcing, outsourcing service models and key drivers and restraints of the market.
- Analysis of the key technologies that affect CRO industry
- Analysis of public private partnerships with case studies.
- Company profiles of major CROs, key services offered, financial information and presence in APAC
- Analysis of partnership deals and M&A deals involving key companies.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying areas for high growth and opportunities.
- Understand the factors shaping the CRO market.
- Identify the top players in the CRO market, financial revenues, geographical presence and key services offered.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Quintiles Transnational Corp, Covance Inc, Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc, Charles River Laboratories International, Inc, Parexel International
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Top 20 Contract Research Organizations (CRO) - Asia-Pacific, Especially India and China, Positioned to Benefit from Rising Financial and Regulatory Pressures in Western Pharmaceutical Markets
- The Future of Contract Research Outsourcing - Market Forecasts to 2015, Geographical Landscape and Competitive Benchmarking
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc (ALNY) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Innovative R&D Strategies and Models - Outsourcing, Strategic Partnerships and Licensing to Improve Productivity and Contain Costs
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Clinical Trial Management Systems (CTMS) Market - Global Trends, Opportunities, Challenges & Forecasts (2011-2016)
- Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging
- Pharmaceutical Outsourcing Strategies: Market expansion, offshoring and strategic management in the CRO and CMO marketplace
- Contract Manufacturing Organizations to 2018 - Cost Advantages and Improving Quality Standards Build Confidence and Encourage Foreign Investment in Asian CMOs
- INC Research, Inc. - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile