Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/24/2012 -- Dental Diagnostic & Surgical Equipment Market - (Radiology, Laser, CAD/CAM Devices & Chairs) - Current Trends, Opportunities and Global Forecasts (2011 - 2016)
The market for dental diagnostic and surgical equipment consists of devices used in diagnosing dental diseases/conditions and treating the same. These include dental chairs, hand pieces, CAD/CAM systems, scaling units, instrument delivery systems, dental lasers, intra oral and extra oral radiology equipment, and CBCT scanners. The global market for these equipments was valued at $4.5 billion in 2011 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.8% from 2011-2016.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Increasing incidence of oral disease and significant transitions in the oral care needs, such as patient preference for painless diagnosis and surgeries, will drive growth of the market for dental equipments. Technological innovations in the field of imaging and radiology facilitate quick and effective diagnosis. The growing ageing population is the major consumer segment for this market, due to increasing rates of oral disease and edentulousness in the same. Also, rising demand for cosmetic dentistry further fuels the market growth. The increasing number of dental clinics and practitioners enables end-users to avail of dental care services at a larger level, thereby boosting the global dental devices market returns.
Emerging technologies will have a great impact over the overall growth of the market, as these will help reduce the overall turnaround time for dental procedures and also improve the efficiency of practitioners. For instance, introduction of CAD/CAM technology has considerably reduced the designing time for dental prostheses like crowns and bridges and 3D imaging techniques have improved patient diagnosis and procedure planning. While lack of consumer awareness in developing economies may hinder market growth, industry players still have immense growth opportunities due to less stringent regulations with respect to introduction of new and advanced products and also their pricing. Increasing insurance coverage in the developed countries and rising income levels in developing nations like India and China are also expected to contribute significantly to the growth of this market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Medical Devices research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Oral Care Products & Other Dental Consumables Market Current Trends, Opportunities & Global Forecasts To 2016
- Dental Implants & Prosthetics Market Current Trends, Opportunities & Global Forecasts To 2016
- The Future of Ophthalmic Devices, Market Forecasts and Growth Opportunities to 2016 - The Vision Care Segment Emerges as a Key Revenue Generator
- Surgical Equipment Market to 2016 - Emerging Economies to Provide Future Growth Opportunities
- Medical Equipment Monthly Deals Analysis - M&A and Investment Trends, October 2011
- Medical Equipment Monthly Deals Analysis - M&A and Investment Trends, April 2011
- Ophthalmic Diagnostic Equipment - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Diagnostic Imaging Market to 2016 - Nuclear Imaging Systems and Ultrasound Systems to be the Key Revenue Generators
- Medical Equipment Monthly Deals Analysis - M&A and Investment Trends - August 2011
- Medical Equipment Monthly Deals Analysis - M&A and Investment Trends, December 2011