Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Egypt Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/23/2013 -- BMI View: As anticipated by BMI, Egyptian President Mohammad Morsi's relative success in his first 100 days in office highlights a degree of political and economic stability, which we believe has resulted in a final resolution of the medicines pricing system. We highlight that our expectation of the government imposing pharmaceutical price caps and adopting a controlled, low-pricing strategy has played out. The new pricing system sets the prices of medicines higher than the old cost-plus system and BMI maintains this will be good for multinational companies in the medium term. However, the dangers of a possible downward pricing spiral, due to the interdependence of countries in the reference pricing basket, is a long-term risk to multinationals' revenues.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: EGP18.23bn (US$3.07bn) in 2011 to EGP20.41bn (US$3.37bn) in 2012; +12.0% in local currency terms and +10.0% in US dollar terms. Forecast broadly in line with Q412.
- Healthcare: EGP62.22bn (US$10.47bn) in 2011 to EGP69.74bn (US$11.53bn) in 2012; +12.1% in local currency terms and +10.1% in US dollar terms. Forecast broadly in line with Q412.
- Medical devices: EGP3.20bn (US$538mn) in 2011 to EGP3.65bn (US$603mn) in 2012; +14.0% in local currency terms and +12.0% in US dollar terms. Forecast broadly in line with Q412.
Risk/Reward Rating: In our latest Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Ratings (RRRs) for the Middle East and Africa (MEA), Egypt again ranks 11th out of the 30 regional markets surveyed. Egypt's risks score remains below the regional average, in contrast to its more favourable rewards component. Globally, Egypt remains 56th out of 95 markets, between Kazakhstan above it and Morocco below.
Key Trends And Developments
- In October 2012, Egyptian company Advanced Pharmaceutical Packaging was reported to be constructing an anaesthesia ampoules plant in Alexandria, according to the vice president of the Egyptian Association for Financing and Investment Studies, Mohsen Adel. The plant will be the first of its type in the Middle East and North Africa. Through the new facility, the company aims to achieve self-reliance in its products, which will be packed and manufactured in Egypt, Adel said. The plant, involving a construction cost of about US$10.6mn, will cover an area of more than 10,000m2.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Nigeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013
- Partnerships, Licensing, Investments and M&A Deals and Trends in Pharmaceuticals - Q1 2011
- Slovenia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013
- Estonia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013
- Netherlands Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013
- Mexico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013
- Chile Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2013
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)