New Pharmaceuticals research report from GlobalData is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/19/2013 -- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is a retrovirus that infects cells of the immune system, destroying or impairing their function. The most advanced stage of HIV infection is acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Approximately 34 million people are living with HIV around the world, with an estimated 2.7 million new infections each year, and the size of HIV/AIDS incident and prevalent populations vary widely between countries (UNAIDS, 2011). GlobalData epidemiologists forecast incident cases of HIV will increase 9.7% over the next decade in the 10 markets, from 276,590 incident cases in 2012 to 303,365 incident cases in 2022. In the 10 markets, GlobalData epidemiologists calculated that approximately 5.39 million prevalent cases of HIV occurred in 2012. The number of prevalent cases of HIV is expected to grow almost 15% over the next decade to 6.1 million by 2022. Although all countries covered in this report have introduced a number of preventive programs and government-led interventions among HIV high-risk populations, the burden of HIV is expected to continue. Sustained levels of high-risk behaviors along with population growth make it challenging to control the future burden of HIV. Furthermore, the prognosis of people with HIV has improved dramatically over time with the introduction of new and improved treatments. Given this scenario, GlobalData epidemiologists expect that although the burden of HIV incidence may be controlled in the seven major markets and Brazil, the likely increase in incidence in India and China is expected to continue for the next decade. Additionally, with the introduction of anti-retroviral therapy among India and China, the number of prevalent cases is expected to increase in these markets.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) EpiCast Report provide an overview of the risk factors and global trends of HIV in seven major markets (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, and Japan) in addition to emerging markets-Brazil, India, and China.
- It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast of HIV prevalence and incidence segmented by gender and age (segmented by five-year age groups, beginning with ages 15-19 years and ending with ages 65-69 years).
- Prevalent cases of HIV are further segmented by tuberculosis co-infection, hepatitis C virus co-infection, pregnancy, and anti-retroviral use among prevalent cases of HIV.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global HIV market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global HIV market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age group and gender that present the best opportunities for HIV therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- EpiCast Report: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Multiple Sclerosis Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Epilepsy Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Osteoporosis - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Colorectal Cancer Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Chronic Heart Failure Epidemilogy Forecast to 2022
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Prophylactic - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2019
- Immunoglobulins Market to 2017 - Off-Label Usage and Treatment of Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases and Neurological Disorders Stimulate Market Growth
- Pradaxa (Atrial Fibrillation) - Analysis and Forecasts to 2022
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017