New Pharmaceuticals market report from Datamonitor: "Epidemiology: Stroke - Aging global population leads to more incident cases of stroke"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/14/2012 -- Due to an increasing number of aging adults in the world's population, there will be an overall increase in the number of diagnosed incident cases of hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke in adults over the age of 40 in each of the seven major markets (the US, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK) over the next 10 years.
- Gain insight into market potential, including a robust 10-year epidemiology forecast of stroke and atrial fibrillation incidence.
- Understand the key epidemiologic risk factors associated wtih stroke
Datamonitor epidemiologists forecast that in 2010 there were roughly 1.6 million incident cases of ischemic stroke in the seven major markets (the US, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK), and 1.9 million cases are predicted for 2020.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In 2010, there were roughly 233,974 diagnosed incident cases of hemorrhagic stroke in the seven major markets (the US, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK) and about 276,492 incident cases are predicted for 2020.
Atrial fibrillation is one of the leading independent risk factors associated with stroke. Datamonitor epidemiologists forecast there were almost 2 million incident cases of atrial fibrillation in the seven major markets in 2010 and approximately 2.3 million incident cases are forecast for 2020
Reasons to Get this Report
- What are the most robust sources for stroke and atrial fibrillation incidence data?
- How will the patient population change over the next decades in the US, Japan and five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK)?
- How do changes in population structure and risk factors affect the trend in incident stroke and atrial fibrillation cases?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Stroke Global Clinical Trials Review, H1, 2012
- Stroke Global Clinical Trials Review, Q1, 2011
- Acute Ischemic Stroke (AIS) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Epidemiology: Osteopenia and Osteoporosis - On the rise as the aging population grows
- Epidemiology: Alzheimer's Disease - Differential aging between genders will dramatically impact prevalent cases
- Monoclonal Antibodies Market to 2017 - Multiple Indication Approvals and the Potential for MAbs in Oncology and Autoimmune Diseases are Re-Shaping the Market
- Epidemiology: Trigeminal Neuralgia - The disease is not as rare as previously thought
- Epidemiology: Endometrial Cancer
- Stroke - Pipeline Review, H1 2012
- Epidemiology: Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia - Expected to continue growing as the male population ages