New Pharmaceuticals research report from GlobalData is now available from Fast Market Research
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/29/2011 -- GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, "Fibromyalgia Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018". The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global FM market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global FM market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global FM sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData's team of industry experts.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The global market for Fibromyalgia (FM) was valued at $1.7 billion in 2010 and is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 4.3% to reach $2.4 billion by 2018. The restricted growth in the market is due to the unavailability of approved drugs in the EU and Japan market, expected patent expiry of Cymbalta (2013) and Lyrica (2018) and lack of newer therapies in late stage FM therapeutics pipeline. Currently, FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has approved three drugs for the treatment of FM. Lyrica (pregabalin) was the first drug approved in June 2007 followed by Cymbalta (duloxetine) in June 2008 and Savella (milnacipran) in January 2009. Marketing authorization of these drugs has been rejected by EMEA (European Medical Agency) due low effectiveness and high adverse reactions associated with the drugs. Cymbalta was the first drug to be rejected by EMEA in 2008, followed by Lyrica in 2009 and Savella in 2010. However, increasing prevalence and diagnosis is expected to drive the future FM therapeutics market.
Note: This is a on-demand report and will be delivered within 3 business days of the purchase (excluding weekends).
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the FM market. Its scope includes -
- Annualized global FM market revenues data from 2005 to 2010, forecast for eight years to 2018.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as therapies based on SSRI and GABA agonist calcium channel blocker, sodium channel blocker, nonrepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, NMDA antagonist.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global FM market. Key market players covered are the Pfizer, Jazz Pharmaceuticals and UCB.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Epilepsy Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Hemophilia Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Brain Hemorrhage Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Acute Ischemic Stroke (AIS) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Muscular Dystrophy (MD) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018