Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/28/2012 -- Offshore projects contribute over 90% to Brazil's oil and gas production of about 860 million barrels of oil equivalent (MMboe), owing to the rapid development of deep water and ultra deep water oil and gas projects in the country. The country's major offshore development started in 2007 with the discovery of the Tupi oil field, which is expected to hold 5-8 billion barrels of resources. Subsequently, the country's pre-salt development activities have now extended to neighboring areas such as the Campos and Espiritu Santo basins, which have witnessed several major discoveries. Brazil's government is focusing on the development of offshore oil and gas activities, especially in pre-salt and post-salt areas. FPSOs are expected to play a key role in the development of deep water and ultra deep water projects in Brazil. Currently, about 40+ FPSOs are expected to be developed globally by 2015, of which Petrobras alone plans to add 12 in Brazil.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The report highlights the plans announced by Petrobras in developing its FPSOs and how these are expected to play a key role in offshore oil and gas development in Brazil.
- The report indentifies how the country has been witnessing significant production levels from its offshore projects, mainly due to the accelerated development of deep water and ultra deep water projects and how major FPSO's engaged in this will contribute for the overall industry development.
- The report also provides details of key planned FPSO's that will be taken up by Petrobras.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Develop a sound understanding of the Brazil FPSO market, and identify the most lucrative segments to leverage on the growth oppurtunities available in the oil & gas market in Brazil.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Oil & Gas Exploration in Emerging African Markets - Analysis of Exploration & Development Plans of Key Companies
- Oil and Gas Storage Industry to 2015 - Cost Reduction Strategies in the Form of Storage Facility Sharing to Boost the Market
- Talisman Energy Inc. (TLM) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Total S.A. (FP) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Crude Oil Industry to 2016 - Deepwater Discoveries Worldwide and Rising Industrial Demand in Emerging Economies Driving the Industry
- Global Oil and Gas Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Oil and Gas Industry
- Statoil ASA (STL) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Reliance Industries Limited (RELIANCE) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- OAO Gazprom (GAZP) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Nexen Inc. (NXY) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile