New Defense market report from Business Monitor International: "Germany Defence & Security Report Q4 2013"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/07/2013 -- The report examines a number of aspects of Germany's defence policy, including the continuingly vexing question facing the country concerning the transformation of its defence posture from its NATO European defence tasks into a force which can intervene in crises abroad. Berlin is keen to move Germany's armed forces in this direction, but faces perennial domestic opposition from some portions of its population regarding the deployment of forces abroad.
In addition, the report examines several of Germany's major defence procurement programmes. The German government is investing considerably across the land and air domains in particular. Capabilities in these two sectors are seen as essential to enable Germany to project power beyond its borders, though the notion remains deeply controversial. The legacy of the Second World War makes a significant element of the German polity highly distrustful of the procurement of any capabilities that enable Germany to intervene in conflicts beyond its borders. Nevertheless, since the end of the Cold War, Berlin has played an active role in military operations abroad, most notably in Afghanistan.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Over the past quarter, BMI has added the following discussions to the report:
- Updated information regarding Germany's defence budget for 2013, and its expected defence spending trends up to 2016.
- News regarding defence procurements performed by Germany in Q313 including the acquisition of new helicopters and new helicopter subsystems.
- Updated information regarding the performance of several of Germany's leading defence contractors, including recent orders secured.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Defense research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Brazil Defence & Security Report Q4 2013
- Turkey Defence & Security Report Q4 2013
- Australia Defence & Security Report Q4 2013
- India Defence & Security Report Q4 2013
- United Arab Emirates Defence & Security Report Q4 2013
- Israel Defence & Security Report Q4 2013
- Malaysia Defence & Security Report Q4 2013
- Poland Defence & Security Report Q4 2013
- Saudi Arabia Defence & Security Report Q4 2013
- Syria Defence & Security Report Q4 2013