Recently published research from Markets and Markets, "Global Acoustic Wave Sensor (SAW And BAW) Market - Forecast, Trend & Analysis - Segmentation By Sensing Parameters [Pressure, Temperature, Mass, Torque, Humidity, Chemical, Touch, Others], Applications And Geography (2013-2018)", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/16/2013 -- Acoustic wave sensors are expected to show good growth across different application segments due to their competitive advantages over the other technologies. As of now, temperature, pressure, torque, and viscosity sensors are the only ones to have reached complete commercialization but we predict a healthy growth of the other sensors as well in future as more applications of acoustic wave sensors get realized in the years to come. Acoustic wave temperature and pressure sensors are increasingly used in automotive and industrial applications with some applications of torque sensors as well.
Due to lesser response time, passive nature, and wireless operation, acoustic wave sensors are gradually replacing conventional sensors for a variety of applications such as industrial, automotives, consumer electronics, military and aerospace, and healthcare segments. There has been a growth in the automotive industry that uses sensors to a greater extent from applications such as TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System), engine management, emission control to monitoring of air volume, torque sensing, exhaust gas pressure of EGR system. Adoption of acoustic wave sensors in many application segments will add on to their consumption in the future. Safety related mandates in regions like North America and Europe are driving the growth of sensors in automotive industry.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Technological advancement is opening new doors for the growth of acoustic wave sensors especially in automotive and medical applications. Penetration of MEMS technology in acoustic wave sensing in future is expected to play a major role in the overall market in the years to come.
The market size of acoustic wave sensors in the year 2012 was $256.0 million and is expected to reach $721.13 million units by 2018, at an estimated CAGR of 20.2%. In terms of volume, the unit shipment for acoustic wave sensors was 848.81 million units in the year 2012 and is expected to reach 2,985.40 million units by 2018, at an estimated CAGR of 24.8% from 2013 to 2018.
Scope of the Report
This research report categorizes the global acoustic wave sensor market on the basis of different parameters sensed using these sensors, the applications for which the sensors are used and geographical analysis; forecasting revenue and analyzing trends in the acoustic wave sensor market.
On the basis of sensing parameter
In this section, acoustic wave sensor market is divided on the basis of sensing parameter into temperature, pressure, mass, torque, humidity, viscosity, chemical vapour, and others.
On the basis of applications
In this section, acoustic wave sensor market is divided on the basis of applications for which the sensors are used. Automotives, military and aerospace, consumer electronics, healthcare, industrial and others are the prominent segments that consume acoustic wave sensors.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Pressure Sensor Market (2012 - 2017) Forecast, Trend & Analysis - Segmentation by Technology [Piezoresistive, Capacitive, Electromagnetic (Reluctance), Resonant Solid State, Optical], Applications [Process & Non process] & Geography
- Temperature Sensor Market: A Study of Major Sensor Types & Applications - Global Forecast & Analysis (2011-2016)
- Wireless Sensors for Precision Agriculture and Environmental Monitoring - Global Forecast and Analysis (2011-2016)
- Global Sensors Market For Automotive Applications (2011 - 2016)
- Network Camera and Video Analytics Market - Global Forecast, Trend & Analysis - Segmentation by Technology, Function, Resolution, Product & Service Type, System Architecture, Verticals, Application and Geography (2012 - 2017)
- Touch Controller IC Market Global Forecast & Analysis (2011 - 2016)
- GLOBAL WIRELESS SENSORS MARKET FOR ENVIRONMENTAL & AGRICULTURAL MONITORING (2011 - 2016)
- Global Nanoelectromechanical Systems (NEMS) Market (2012 - 2022) by Applications (STM/AFM, Medical, Gas/Flow Sensor, RF), Products (Switches, Cantilevers), Components (Nanotubes, Nanowires, Nanofilms), Materials (Graphene, ZnO, SiC, GaN, Si
- Motion Sensors Market, Global Forecast & Analysis (2011 - 2016) By Technology, Application Types , and Products
- Three-Dimensional Integrated Circuit & Through-Silicon Via Interconnects Market - Global Forecast & Trend Analysis (2011 - 2016) By Technology, Products & Applications
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)