Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/14/2012 -- Biosimulation refers to computer aided simulation of biological processes and systems, an integral part of systems biology used in drug discovery and development. This report will analyze the potential of biosimulation in drug discovery and development. Biosimulation is used across the drug discovery and development program (such as target identification, target validation, lead discovery, lead optimization, preclinical and clinical test).
The global biosimulation market was valued at $432.0 million in 2011 and is expected to reach $1.2 billion by 2017, at a CAGR of 18.50%. Biosimulation in preclinical and clinical stages contributed maximum share (60%) to the global biosimulation market in 2011.
The major driving factor for this market is the cost and time spent on drug discovery and development programs and failure of drug candidates in the late development stages. Pharmaceutical companies around the globe spent around $68 billion in 2011 in drug discovery and development programs, many of the drug discovery and development programs fail in the late stages of the clinical trials, wasting all the years of efforts and money. There is a need for predictive technology which would outlay the outcome of a drug candidate in the discovery stages; biosimulation is one such technology which can bring down the cost on drug discovery and development programmes by focusing on promising lead drug candidates and experiments.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
North America is the biggest market for biosimulation followed by Europe. North America, which is the largest drug market in the world contributes one third for the global biosimulation market. Europe is the fastest growing market for biosimulation the growth is attributed to the efforts of regulatory bodies in promoting new technologies in drug discovery and development. Asian market is still considered to be in development stages because of non availability of skilled workforce and infrastructure in place.
We have also profiled leading players of this industry with their recent developments and other strategic industry activities. These include: Accelrys (U.S.), Schrodinger (U.S.), Certara (U.S.), Simulation plus (U.S.), Rhenovia (France), ACD/Labs (Canada), CCG (Canada), LeadScope (U.S.), Entelos (U.S.), Genedata (Switzerland), Physiomics (U.K.), Insilico biotechnology (Germany), Insilico biosciences (U.S.), Archimedes (U.S.), Compugen (Israel).
Scope of the Report
This research report categorizes global biosimulation market for drug discovery and development on the basis of application and geography; forecasting volume and analyzing trends in the region by application.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Biomarkers in Drug Discovery - Earlier Usage of Biomarkers in Optimization Stage to Reduce Drug Attrition Rate Significantly
- Early Stage Drug Discovery in Disease Segments - Innovation Focuses on Stem Cell Therapies and Gene Therapies
- Ophthalmology Drugs And Devices (Diagnostic & Surgical) Market - Current Trends, Global Forecasts & Pipeline Analysis to 2017
- Drug Delivery Device Market to 2017 - Metered Dose Inhalers and Infusion Pumps to be Key Revenue Generators
- Oncology Therapeutics Market to 2017 - High Unmet Need in the Management and Treatment of Metastatic Cancers to Drive Drug Development
- Type 2 Diabetes - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020
- Macular Degeneration - Pipeline Review, H2 2012
- Spinal Cord Disorders - Pipeline Review, H2 2012
- Men's Health Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Availability of Generic Sildenafil from 2012 to Restrain Market Growth
- Congestive Heart Failure (Heart Failure) - Pipeline Review, H1 2012