Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/02/2011 -- The PV market is observed to be one of the fastest growing sectors buoyed by different government incentives and intense R&D activities. PV technology is emerging as the major technology for generation of power in the world; which is evident from the continuous growth witnessed in the last decade. In order to spur adoption, there was also introduction of several subsidy programs in Germany and Japan such as New National Energy Strategy for 2030 by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), Japan, Cool Earth 50 to reduce global carbon dioxide emissions, Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG) of 2000 introduced in Germany.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Amongst the different materials used in the manufacture of PV cells, amorphous silicon is observed to generate maximum revenue. This is mainly due to its low temperature coefficient and low power loss. Trackers help to increase the solar array's efficiency by up to 40% and hence there are innovations centered on enhancement of designs with improved reliability.
The key applications of PV systems include consumer electronics and telecommunications, building integrated PV applications, grid connected power supply, military and space applications, and others. BIPV application contributes maximum towards the growth of PV systems market amongst all the applications. This is mainly due to the gradual adoption of this technology in industrial, commercial, and residential buildings. The other applications of PV system include water pumping, automotive, commercial lighting, and more.
The Chinese PV market is largely driven by the growing demand for energy and the huge volume of export market. It is expected that the government of China will continue with its small scale and targeted incentive programs in order to achieve bigger strides in the development of renewable energy.
Federal policies drove the expansion of PV market in Japanese region. The country's new national solar goals include 28,000 MW of new solar capacity by 2020 and 53,000 MW by 2030. The key motivations behind such aggressive targets include regaining of world market leadership, addressing of global environmental goals of reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and increasing the level of energy independence.
The study of export import trade in Chinese and Japanese PV markets for the HS code 854140 reveals that there are no technical barriers to trade in Japan. Some of the non-tariff barriers to trade include inadequate workforce skills and training, lack of adaptability to conventional systems/arrangements, and imperfect capital markets. The design standards and specifications defined for solar panels by World Trade Organization (WTO) and Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) agreement are expected to enhance the penetration as well as adoption levels.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Thin Film Photovoltaics (PV) - Advanced Technologies and Global Market (2010 - 2015)
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Supply Chain - Global Market Size and Company Analysis of Polysilicon, Wafers, PV Cells and Solar PV Modules to 2015
- Global Utility-Scale Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Market - Trends and Analysis
- Solar Power Market by PV, CSP Technologies by Installations, Price, Cost, Trade Trends & Global Forecasts (2011 - 2016)
- Solar PV Inverters - Global Market Size, Price Analysis, Regulations and Competitive Analysis to 2020
- The Solar Power Generation Technologies Market Outlook: Market overview, photovoltaic and concentrating solar power technologies, capacity, generation, legislation, and the future outlook
- Europe Solar PV Backsheet Market - Industry Trends and Opportunity Analysis to 2015
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Power in India, Market Outlook to 2020, 2011 Update - Capacity, Generation, Power Plants, Regulations and Company Profiles
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Power in the United Kingdom, (UK), Market Outlook to 2020, 2011 Update - Capacity, Generation, Power Plants, Regulations and Company Profiles
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Power in the United States (US), Market Outlook to 2020, 2011 Update - Capacity, Generation, Power Plants, Regulations, and Company Profiles