New Computer Technology market report from Markets and Markets: "Human Machine Interface Market, Global Forecast & Analysis (2012-2017); By Product (Display Terminals, Controls, Industrial PC, Interface Software); Application and Geography"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/13/2012 -- Human Machine Interfaces plays a significant role in industrial automation, enabling the efficient operation and monitoring of essential production devices. Growth in the automation industries which in turn enhanced the growth in HMI market is a major driver. The other key factors driving the market include demand for enhanced efficiency, high growth of software services suitable for each application and increasing need for data security and reliable hardware. On the other side, the HMI market growth is hampered by factors like limited geographical diversity, high cost of HMI platforms and advancements in technology at a relatively slow pace.
Secured remote access to HMI could add a competitive advantage for the key market players. Interface software is growing at a higher CAGR compared to display terminals and industrial PCs, owing to growth in software services suitable for each industrial application. HMI revenue through 'discrete' applications will grow at a higher rate over 'process' applications' revenue. 'Automotive' and 'healthcare' applications revenues constitute 32% of the overall revenue in 2011. Automotive, healthcare, metal & mining and food & beverage will be the key application areas of HMI market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
It is observed that APAC region is growing at a higher CAGR and is expected to have the leading market share: i.e. 28% of the total HMI market in 2017. The higher CAGR of APAC is primarily due to its fast growing economy and increased significance for automation industries. 'APAC' and 'ROW' are the emerging markets currently due to an increase in number of automation industries in these regions. The overall HMI market is estimated to be worth $2.50 billion in 2012 and expected to reach $4.05 billion in 2017 at a CAGR of 10.13% from 2012 to 2017. Both 'top-down' and 'bottom-up' approaches are used to arrive at the market values. Some of the key players of the HMI market covered in this report are ABB (Switzerland), American Industrial Systems Inc. (U.S.), Bosch Rexroth AG (Germany), Emerson Electric Co. (U.S.), General Electric (U.S.), Honeywell International Inc. (U.S.), Invensys plc (U.K.), Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Japan), Omron Corporation (Japan), Parker Hannifin Corp (U.S.), Rockwell Automation, Inc. (U.S.), Schneider Electric (France), Siemens AG (Germany), and Yokogawa Electric Corporation (Japan).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Industrial Controls (SCADA, PLC, DCS) & Factory Automation (Field Devices, MES, ERP) Market - Global Forecast & Analysis to 2016
- Touch Controller IC Market Global Forecast & Analysis (2011 - 2016)
- Wireless Communication Chipsets (Wi-Fi/WLAN, Wireless Display/Video (HD & WHDI), Mobile WiMAX & LTE (4G), ZigBee, 802.11, 802.15.4 & 802.16) Market in Consumer Electronics & Automation Applications, Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2017)
- Logic Integrated Circuit (IC) Market to 2020 - Programmable Logic Devices (PLD) and Application Specific Standard Product (ASSP) Dominate with a 78% Market Share
- Integrated Circuits (IC) for eBook Readers and Tablet PCs Market to 2020 - Wi-Fi Connectivity and OS Compatibility To Drive Growth
- Temperature Sensor Market: A Study of Major Sensor Types & Applications - Global Forecast & Analysis (2011-2016)
- Global LED Displays, Lighting and Fixtures Market (2011-2016) : Analysis and Forecast by Product, by Applications and by Geography
- Three-dimensional (3D) Technology Market (2011 - 2016) By Products, Applications & Technology - Features Introduction To 4D Technology
- Gallium Nitride (GaN) Semiconductor Devices (Discretes & ICs) Market, Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2022)
- Motion Sensors Market, Global Forecast & Analysis (2011 - 2016) By Technology, Application Types , and Products
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)