New Consumer Goods market report from Business Monitor International: "India Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/16/2014 -- We made a positive revision to the outlook for Indian consumer electronics spending this quarter to reflect strong growth in notebook, tablet and smartphone sales, as well as improving economic sentiment following the election of Modi's government in H114. We expect the market to remain on a strong growth trajectory over the medium term, with robust demand growth for computer hardware and handsets driving spending higher. We expect the total consumer electronics spend in India will increase by 11.7 % in US dollar terms in 2014 to USD 71.2 bn , and then reach USD92.5bn in 2018 . We expect medium term growth will be driven by rising incomes, declining device prices and the fact that 45% of India's population is under 25. S ales of smartphones are expected to be the outperforming segment of the market as first-time buyers continue to enter the market alongside the boost from consumers upgrading to smartphones.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: USD18.8bn in 2013 to USD20.8bn in 2014; +10.0% in US dollar terms. Tablets will outperform in 2014, but there is also a boost to desktop and notebook demand from Windows XP support withdrawal and the cuts to Windows OS licensing fees.
- AV Sales: USD13.8bn in 2013 to USD15.1bn in 2014; +9.5% in US dollar terms. AV is forecast is unchanged, and we maintain our view that it will be the underperforming segment of the market as TV set price erosion limits increases in market value.
- Handset Sales: USD31.1bn in 2013 to USD35.4bn in 2014; +13.8% in US dollar terms. The handset market is booming as vendors target the smartphone upgrade opportunity and first-time buyers entering the market, but increases in market value will be limited by steep price declines amidst intense vendor competition.
Key Trends & Developments
The smartphone market in India is intensely competitive, with global vendors facing off against local brands and the Chinese vendors expanding internationally in 2014....
The India Consumer Electronics Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data covering both the manufacture and sale of consumer electronics products, critically analysing - and forecasting - the market dynamics affecting each sub-sector, including audio-visual, computers, mobile handsets, gaming and automotives electronics. Furthermore, the report analyses the domestic and global economic trends driving device demand and provides company rankings and competitive landscapes covering leading multinational and national consumer electronics companies and analysis of latest industry news and trends in India.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s India Consumer Electronics Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the consumer electronics industry in India.
- Benchmark BMI's independent consumer electronics industry forecasts for India to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Indian consumer electronics market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in India through our reviews of latest industry trends and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit the latest competitive intelligence with company SWOT analyses.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering consumer electronics, major investments and projects.
Consumer Electronics Market
Analysis of the size of the domestic market for electronics products, with in-depth assessment and data covering the dynamics driving each sub-sector; audio-visual, computers, mobile phone handsets and gaming devices, as well as demand for automotives electronics.
Analysis and data of the domestic electronics manufacturing sector. We assess the regulatory and business operational issues facing manufacturers - including openness to foreign investment, infrastructure, IP issues and the global demand context - and their impact on the production of electronics goods, which is again broken down via market sub-sectors.
Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key risks to the main forecast, covering computers, communications and gaming devices. Indicators include:
Industry value (US$bn); population (mn); nominal GDP (US$bn); real GDP growth (%), GDP per capita, industrial production Index (% y-o-y ave.) unemployment % of labour force.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Argentina Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Philippines Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Serbia Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Indonesia Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Bulgaria Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Israel Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Czech Republic Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Bahrain Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014
- Peru Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2014