Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/30/2012 -- Reformulation has been one of the dominant and successful lifecycle management strategies in the past but changes in the healthcare environment are hampering their success. However, reformulated products can still achieve commercial success provided they satisfy key stakeholder needs by providing significant improvements in disease outcomes.
- Analysis of success drivers and resistors of reformulation as a lifecycle management strategy
- Discussion of how reformulation can satisfy key stakeholder needs.
- Case study of recent successful and unsuccessful reformulations.
In the past, reformulation was one of the most popular and successful lifecycle management strategies, with most companies launching reformulated versions of their first generation products shortly before patent expiry, and subsequently switching patients onto these in order to drive franchise sales.
However, with cost containment taking center stage in most markets, payers have introduced measures to restrict the use of reformulated products unless significant benefit in terms of disease outcome and compliance can be demonstrated.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
It is critical that reformulations deliver tangible improvements in disease outcomes, with head-to-head trials against first generation versions necessary to demonstrate superiority key to successful uptake among both payers and physicians
Reasons to Get this Report
- How can reformulation drive or maintain franchise sales?
- How have changes in the healthcare environment in the last few years made it more difficult for reformulations to achieve commercial success?
- Can reformulations still be commercially successful and how?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Generic Defense Strategies
- Endpoints - Clinical Trials in Autoimmune Disorders - Multiple Primary and Secondary Endpoints are Increasingly Being Applied to Ensure Success
- Forest Laboratories, Inc. (FRX) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Biological Strategies in the Emerging Markets - BRIC Countries Will Underpin Future Pharma Growth
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (SPPI) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Elan Corporation, plc (ELN) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Global Pharmaceutical Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
- Innovative R&D Strategies and Models - Outsourcing, Strategic Partnerships and Licensing to Improve Productivity and Contain Costs
- Endpoints - Clinical Trials in CNS Disorders - Multiple Endpoints and Ratings Scales are Becoming More Widely Adopted
- Early Stage Drug Discovery in Disease Segments - Innovation Focuses on Stem Cell Therapies and Gene Therapies