New Pharmaceuticals research report from Datamonitor is now available from Fast Market Research
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/10/2012 -- New product launches across the seven major markets will see the market expand incrementally to 2020, reinforcing the depression market's status as one of the largest of the CNS disorders. Lu AA21004 (Lundbeck/Takeda) will become the highest-selling drug, after negative clinical trial data for TC-5214 (Targacept/AstraZeneca) and the discontinuation of Valdoxan (agomelatine; Servier) in the US.
- Access Datamonitor's patient-based depression market forecast in the seven major markets, with transparent methodology and clear assumptions.
- Evaluate a highly granular forecast with sales value and volume projections to 2020 at the country, class, product, and regimen level.
- Understand depression market dynamics, and which factors will lead to commercial success.
- Review the products Datamonitor forecasts to launch over the next ten years, and how each subsequent launch will shape the market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Datamonitor forecasts the seven major depression markets to grow to $12.0bn by 2020 at a compound annual growth rate of 0.9%. This incremental growth is expected to come from uptake of new product launches and will offset increasing generic erosion of the market value.
By 2020, sales of the leading depression drug classes, such as the SSRI and SNRI antidepressants, are expected to decline. Conversely, sales of non-traditional antidepressants are projected to rise from $1.4bn in 2010 to $3.5bn in 2020.
Sales of currently marketed products are forecast to decrease three-fold over 2010-20, as the saturation of the depression market with generics increases. Nevertheless, Datamonitor expects new pipeline drugs to capture a sizable share of the market, with predicted total sales of $3.9bn in 2020 equating to a market share of 24.3%.
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Which products stand to benefit from the expected failure of TC-5214 to reach the market?
- What are the implications to the US market following Novartis's discontinuation of agomelatine development?
- What degree of commercial success does Datamonitor forecast for key pipeline drugs?
- What will the overall depression market dynamics be over the next 10 years?
- How will sales of the major drug classes in depression evolve during the forecast period?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- CNS Drug Discoveries: what the future holds 2008 FULL REPORT
- Drug Delivery Technologies: Players, products & prospects to 2018
- Pipeline Insight: Leukemias Underserved patient populations offer potential for market growth
- Nucleic Acid Drug Delivery Technologies: Players, products & prospects to 2018 (Volume III)- Prostate Cancer - Brazil, China, India and Russia (BRIC) Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020
- CNS Drug Discoveries: Depression Chapter
- New Drug Futures 2009
- Controlled-release: Players, products & prospects to 2018 (Volume I)
- Targeted Drug Delivery Technologies: Players, products & prospects to 2018 (Volume IV)
- Nanotechnology: Players, products & prospects to 2018 (Volume II)