Fast Market Research recommends "Market and Product Forecasts: HER2-Negative/Hormone Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer - Patent expiries and novel drugs shape the market in the next decade" from Datamonitor, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/20/2012 -- The treatment of HER2-negative/hormone receptor-positive breast cancer consists largely of genericized cytotoxic and antihormonal therapies. Avastin (bevacizumab) is currently the only targeted therapy used in this patient population. Patent expiries and the uptake of novel targeted drugs will help shape the market in the next decade, but little change is anticipated in the overall market value.
- Analysis of HER2-negative/hormone receptor-positive breast cancer drugs in the seven major markets
- Patient based sales forecast for drugs in the HER2-negative/hormone receptor-positive breast cancer market from 2011 to 2020
- In depth analysis of the factors influencing the HER2-negative/hormone receptor-positive breast cancer drug sales in the seven major markets
- Molecule dynamics and assessment of the key HER2-negative/hormone receptor-positive breast cancer drugs in the seven major markets
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The HER2-/HR+ breast cancer market will experience a modest decrease in sales over the forecast period. The value of the market is forecast to decrease from nearly $5.0bn in 2011 to about $4.7bn in 2020 in the seven major markets (the US, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK), representing a CAGR of -0.69%.
The patent expiry of Xeloda will have a big impact on the value of the market. Xeloda (capecitabine; Genentech/Roche/Chugai) is forecast to be the highest-selling chemotherapy in the HER2-negative/hormone receptor-positive breast cancer market in 2012, with sales of over $650m in the seven major markets.
Novel targeted therapies will gain a small share of the market. Three novel targeted therapies - Novartis's Afinitor (everolimus), Bayer Schering/Onyx's Nexavar (sorafenib), and Eli Lilly's ramucirumab - are expected to enter the HER2-negative/hormone receptor-positive breast cancer market within the forecast period.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Quantify the performance of each of HER2-/HR+ breast cancer drug in the seven major markets by molecule and regimen sales.
- Gain insight into the key trends in individual HER2-/HR+ breast cancer markets across the seven major markets.
- The report is accompanied by a PowerPoint presentation and Excel deliverable showing full HER2-/HR+ breast cancer forecasts for the US, Japan and 5EU.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Oncology Therapeutics Market to 2017 - High Unmet Need in the Management and Treatment of Metastatic Cancers to Drive Drug Development
- Emerging Cancer Vaccines Market to 2017 - Novel, First-In-Class Vaccines in Phase II and Phase III Pipeline to Shape the Future Cancer Vaccines Market
- Novel Therapies in Oncology - Protein Kinase Inhibitors, Monoclonal Antibodies and Vaccines Therapeutic Classes Dominate Late-Stage Pipeline
- IMMUNOMEDICS, INC (IMMU) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Breast Cancer Drug Discoveries: What the Future Holds
- Genentech, Inc. (DNA) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Amgen Inc. (AMGN) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Market and Product Forecasts: Disease Modification in Rheumatoid Arthritis - Novel therapies plus reformulations poised to enter the market
- Pain Management Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Price Competition to Intensify Following Patent Expiries of Lyrica and Cymbalta