Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/19/2012 -- GBI Research's new report, "Microcontroller Market to 2015 - Commissioning of Smart Grid Projects to Create Market Opportunities in Advanced Metering Infrastructure and Grid Equipment" provides key information and analysis on the market opportunities in the global microcontroller (MCU) industry. The report covers the latest information on the revenue and volume of the microcontrollers market. The report provides product - based, region -based and end-use based forecasts up to 2015.
The global MCU market currently constitutes around 5% of the overall semiconductor market, and around 24% of the micro Integrated Circuit (IC) market in revenues. MCUs are used in many products, ranging from televisions to computers, and telephones to automobiles. The sales revenue of MCUs reached around $16 billion in 2011, and is growing at a rate which indicates that the market will reach revenue of $18 billion by 2015.
Microcontroller usage in smart grid sector is increasing, as they provide greater reliability in power generation. Various devices and equipment contain microcontrollers and the report discusses their role and also gives a detailed market revenue breakdown along with the key players and their market shares.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts.
- Key microcontroller segments such as 8-Bit, 16-Bit and 32-Bit have been covered.
- Market Size in terms of sales volume - Historical data for 2004 to 2011 given. Forecast forward until 2015
- Market Size in terms of sales revenue - Historical data for 2004 to 2011 given. Forecast forward until 2015
- Market Share for the year 2011
- Breakdown of market statistics by key end users
- Computer Industry, which includes Desktops, Notebooks, Netbooks, and Tablet PCs
- Communication, consisting of Mobile Phones, Telecom Servers and other Networking Devices
- Consumer Electronics, which comprises High Definition Televisions (HDTV), and DVD players, digital set-top boxes, MP3 players, printers, peripherals and games and PDAs (Personal Digital Assistants).
- Industrial applications such as security systems, smart grids, military equipments and other retail management products.
- Automotives, which use microcontrollers in various applications such as entry systems, anti-lock brakes and car radio systems.
- Key regions such as Asia-Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe and Middle East and Africa have been covered
- Comprehensive profiles of key companies such as Renesas Electronics Corporation, Infineon Technologies AG, Itron Inc, Landis+Gyr AG and Microchip Technology Incorporated have been provided.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Itron, Inc, Landis+Gyr AG, Renesas Electronics Corporation, Infineon Technologies AG, Microchip Technology Incorporated
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Smart Grid Landscape in the US - Market Size, Key Competitors, Regulations and Investment Analysis to 2015
- General Electric Company (GE) - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Smart Grid Market Analysis and Forecasts to 2020 - Major Government Investments Through Utility Companies to Drive the Global Market
- Power Transmission and Distribution Market to 2020 - Intermittent Renewable and Distributed Generation Presents a Challenge to T&D Systems
- Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) - Global Market Analysis and Forecasts to 2020
- Europe Smart Grid Opportunity: Analysis and Market Forecasts
- The Future of Clean Technology Markets to 2020-Market Forecasts, Deal Analysis and Investment Opportunities
- Enabling Technologies for the Smart Grid
- The US Smart Grid Opportunity: Analysis and Market Forecasts
- General Electric Company (GE) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile