Fast Market Research recommends "Mixed Retailers in Finland" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/21/2015 -- Declining by 1% in current value terms in 2014, mixed retailers were undermined by a poor economic climate in Finland as well as growing sales via internet retailing. The decline was due to a poor performance for department stores, which suffered from several store closures and a declining number of consumers during the year.
Stockmann leads mixed retailers, accounting for 29% of value sales in 2014. This is due to its prestigious Stockmann department stores chain, which is well known in Finland. The chain's flagship outlet in central Helsinki is a popular shopping destination for tourists, especially from Russia, with Russians notably able to pay for purchases with roubles. Although many of the products sold by Stockmann are mid-priced to premium it also offers luxury brands such as Gucci, including the Gucci jewellery range.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Mixed retailers is expected to see almost half a percentage point value decline at constant 2014 prices in the overall forecast period. The channel is mature and the existing companies are not expected to expand their number of outlets, with leading players in department stores such as S Group and Kesko indeed closing outlets in 2014. Decline is however expected to soften in comparison to the review period, which saw 4% decline. Sales are expected to be bolstered slightly by a slow economic recovery in the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mixed Retailers industry in Finland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Mixed Retailers industry in Finland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Mixed Retailers in Finland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic number of stores, selling space and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How big is the Mixed Retailers channel in Finland?
- Who are the leading retailers in Finland?
- How are mixed retailers competing against the growth of grocery retailers?
- Are consumers switching towards value retailers or moving upmarket?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mixed Retailers in Russia
- Retailing in Mexico
- Mixed Retailers in Japan
- Retailing in Taiwan
- Mixed Retailers in Turkey