Fast Market Research recommends "Musculoskeletal Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Osteoarthritis Market to Decline with Patent Expiry of Celebrex in 2014" from GBI Research, now available
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/02/2012 -- GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest report, "Musculoskeletal Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Osteoarthritis Market to Decline with Patent Expiry of Celebrex in 2014". The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the major musculoskeletal disorders, including rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, low back pain and muscular dystrophy. The report also provides the share of generics in global market as well as for each indication. It also provides the treatment flow algorithm for each of the five indications. The report examines the global musculoskeletal disorders treatment usage patterns. In addition, our research details the geographical distribution of musculoskeletal disorders markets across the US, the top five countries of Europe, and Japan.The report also includes insight into the musculoskeletal disorders R&D product pipeline and explores the competitive landscape, including major players in the musculoskeletal disorders therapeutics market. Finally, the report includes analysis of Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As) and licensing agreements that took place in the market in recent years.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
GBI Research's analysis shows that the overall global musculoskeletal disorders therapeutics market for the five indications (which includes rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, low back pain and muscular dystrophy) was valued at $33.4 billion in 2010, indicating a CAGR of 5.7% over the previous year. GBI Research forecasts the market to grow at a CAGR of 7.3% between 2010 and 2017, to record a sales value of $54.8 billion by 2017. The growth in major markets such as the US and the top five countries in the EU and Japan were driven by new developments that created more options in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, muscular dystrophy and low back pain. The global musculoskeletal disorders market is expected to witness a series of patent expiries between 2010 and 2017, which includes some top selling drugs such as Cymbalta (duloxetine HCl) and Celebrex (celecoxib). The future of the market is based on the success of the drugs in the pipeline; while the current musculoskeletal disorders market pipeline holds strong prospects for growth in the future, these factors will not be able to completely offset the challenge from generic competition. Muscular dystrophy is one of the most commonly recognized musculoskeletal disorders, but there are no approved therapeutic options available for this disease. For this reason, the generic share continues to rise in the market.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Abbott Laboratories, Johnson & Johnson, Amgen Inc., Pfizer Inc, Eli Lilly and Company
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Metabolic Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Patent Expiry of Lipitor in 2011 will Negatively Impact Dyslipidemia Market Value
- Dermatology Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Alopecia Market is Forecast to Decline Due to Patent Expiry of Finasteride in 2013 and Weak Pipeline
- Coagulation Disorders Market to 2017 - Hemophilia A, the Largest Segment, to Witness a Decline in Growth Rate due to Patent Expiries and Weak Pipeline
- Musculoskeletal Disorders Therapeutics to 2016 - Introduction of Monoclonal Antibodies with First - in - class Mechanism of Action to Increase Treatment Options in Osteoporosis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Respiratory Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Novel Pipeline Molecules such as VX-770 and pirfenidone May Offset Negative Effect of Patent Expiries
- Blood Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Patent Expiries of Lovenox, Plavix, Procrit/Epogen, Aranesp and Neulasta Will Slow Down Growth
- Pain Management Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Price Competition to Intensify Following Patent Expiries of Lyrica and Cymbalta
- Central Nervous System Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Multiple Sclerosis, Major Depressive Disorder and Schizophrenia Accounted for Half the Market Value in 2010
- Clinical Trial Recruitment in Autoimmune Disorders-Average Patient Recruitment Per Trial has Continued to Decline Over the Past Decade
- Orphan Autoimmune Disorders to 2017 - Strong Performance by Nplate and Promacta and Future Launches of Immunoglobulin Therapies will Drive the ITP Market