Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/15/2012 -- GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, "Nasopharyngeal Cancer Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2019". The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global nasopharyngeal cancer therapeutics market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global nasopharyngeal cancer therapeutics market. It also provides insights into the current competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positions of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights into the pipeline products within the global nasopharyngeal cancer therapeutics sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData's team of industry experts.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
GlobalData estimates that the global (the seven key markets of the US, the UK, Germany, Italy, France, Spain and Japan) nasopharyngeal cancer therapeutics market was valued at $53.0m in 2011 and forecasts it to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 0.5% to reach $55.0m by 2019. The existing market is strong, and is represented by three approved products - Erbitux (cetuximab), Taxotere (docetaxel) and Blenoxane (bleomycin), of which only the former is patent protected. Erbitux is currently approved in the US and European Union (EU) but not in Japan. The growth during 2006-2011 is primarily attributed to launch of Taxotere and Erbitux for the treatment of Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck (SCCHN). Although there are no molecules in the late stage of clinical development and there is an expected patent expiry of the targeted therapy drug Erbitux, the slow growth rate during the forecast period is due to the slow increase in the prevalence of nasopharyngeal cancer, which has led to an increase in the drug-treated population.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the nasopharyngeal cancer market. Its scope includes -
- Annualized seven key markets (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan) nasopharyngeal cancer market revenues data from 2006 to 2011, forecast for eight years to 2019.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Laryngeal Cancer Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2019
- Lip and Oral Cavity Cancer Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Cancer Pain Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Pipeline Insight: Small Molecule Targeted Cancer Therapies - New targets set to drive growth
- Testicular Cancer Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Overactive Bladder (OAB) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2019
- Melanoma Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2019
- Cervical Cancer Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Male Hypogonadism Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2019
- Prostate Cancer - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020 - Q4 2010