New Financial Services research report from Timetric is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/19/2012 -- The written premium value of the Hungarian non-life insurance segment slightly declined during the review period. This decline was primarily due to a decline in new vehicle sales and regulatory changes. During the review period, natural disasters, such as floods in 2006 and 2010, caused large-scale loss of life and property damage; and, consequently, had a significant impact on the Hungarian non-life insurance segment. However, over the forecast period, the growth of the non-life insurance segment is expected to be driven by the development of large-scale renewable energy and infrastructure projects, coupled with an increase in customer awareness of property insurance that is expected to require innovative and customized non-life insurance products.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- During the review period, natural disasters, such as floods in 2006 and 2010, caused large-scale loss of life and property damage; and, consequently, had a significant impact on the Hungarian non-life insurance segment.
- The high level of competition in the motor insurance category has led to price wars among the leading motor insurance providers during the review period.
- A significant proportion of Hungarian property insurance policies are for protection against natural disasters, as the country is prone to hailstorms and floods.
- The Hungary non-life segment consists of both domestic and foreign companies and is highly competitive. Moderate growth opportunities are anticipated over the forecast period, as the country's favorable macroeconomic environment and moderate forecast GDP growth are expected to lead to an increase in income levels.
- The Hungarian non-life insurance segment is dominated by foreign insurers, with the country's leading insurers competing by offering products and services at low prices due to high levels of competition. Allianz, Generali-Providencia, Groupama Garanacia, Aegon Magyarorszag Altalanos and UNIQA Insurance are the leading five foreign insurance companies offering non-life insurance in Hungary."
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance market in Hungary:
- It provides historical values for the Hungarian non-life insurance market for the report's 2007-2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2016 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the Hungarian non-life insurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It analyses the various distribution channels for non-life insurance products in Hungary
- Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Hungary for the non-life insurance business
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Allianz Hungaria Zrt., Generali-Providencia Biztosito Zrt., Groupama Garancia Biztosito, AEGON Hungary General Insurance Company, UNIQA GROUP, Posta Biztosito, Chartis Hungary
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Micro Insurance Programs and Rural Insurance Penetration Key to Market Expansion
- Non-Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Introduction of Compulsory Motor Third-Party Liability Insurance to Drive Market Growth
- Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Non-Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in the Czech Republic, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in Germany, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in Mexico, Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Tax Incentives to Continue to Encourage Investment in Life Insurance Retirement Products
- Non-Life Insurance in Vietnam, Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Increase in Minimum Capital Requirements Will Lead to Market Consolidation
- Life Insurance in Malaysia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in Hungary, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016